Where do you rank Hughes amongst City's past coaches?

Pigeonho said:
skybluekings said:
well its almost 1.5 seasons already, isn't that enough time to make an analysis?

No its not, not with HIS squad it isn't. This is his squad which he has assembled with 1 real transfer window, which was when he really got stuck into the Sheikh's cash in the summer. The winter window last year was to build in preparation for the summers window, and then for this season. We are half of a season into Hughes full squad of players, and so far he has us 6th and into a semi final. A pretty good return......so far. The time to really judge though is May 10'.

Any new coach has that not MY team argument but they don't make a fuss about it. Sven had 1 year at the helm which gave him just as much time to get players in addition to what was there, yet he improved the team which was fighting relegation in the year before he came into a top 10 place and the highest pts total in years. Did you ever hear Sven say "its not my players"?

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Pigeonho said:
No its not, not with HIS squad it isn't. This is his squad which he has assembled with 1 real transfer window, which was when he really got stuck into the Sheikh's cash in the summer. The winter window last year was to build in preparation for the summers window, and then for this season. We are half of a season into Hughes full squad of players, and so far he has us 6th and into a semi final. A pretty good return......so far. The time to really judge though is May 10'.
Yet.... MANY on here are willing to pass judgement on SGE based on 10months in the job........

But this is about Hughes, a manager with unlimited amounts of money in his pocket. A totally different era to Sven's time here. We can't judge a manager only half way into his first full season with his squad, however if some want to do so, the tale of the tape shows we are 6th and in a semi final spot, a good return like I said earlier.

skybluekings said:
Pigeonho said:

Any new coach has that not MY team argument but they don't make a fuss about it. Sven had 1 year at the helm which gave him just as much time to get players in addition to what was there, yet he improved the team which was fighting relegation in the year before he came into a top 10 place and the highest pts total in years. Did you ever hear Sven say "its not my players"?
Wasn't exactly hard to better Pearce's last season though, was it? And I'm pretty sure Thanksin bank rolled Sven with some money when he took over.

Joycee Banercheck said:
skybluekings said:
Wasn't exactly hard to better Pearce's last season though, was it? And I'm pretty sure Thanksin bank rolled Sven with some money when he took over.

I think Sven got £20m to work with if I remember correctly.

skybluekings said:
Pigeonho said:

That doesn't make any sense. Hughes' task, if we're to believe the press, is to get top 6 this season, something he is well on the way to achieving and if the end of the season was now, he would have achieved it. Thing is though its not the end of the season, it isn't even half way as yet, yet he still has us in the top 6 AND in a semi final of a cup. Some might want top 4, and that might still happen however in terms of what the Sheikh reportedly said he wanted this season, we are on target with the chance of a trophy to boot.

skybluekings said:
Joycee Banercheck said:

I think Sven got £20m to work with if I remember correctly.
Elano
Corluka
Petrov
Benjani
Garrido
Bojinov
Caicedo

Bit more than £20m
Only one of them still plays for us. And Benjani... no ta.

Pigeonho said:
skybluekings said:

That doesn't make any sense. Hughes' task, if we're to believe the press, is to get top 6 this season, something he is well on the way to achieving and if the end of the season was now, he would have achieved it. Thing is though its not the end of the season, it isn't even half way as yet, yet he still has us in the top 6 AND in a semi final of a cup. Some might want top 4, and that might still happen however in terms of what the Sheikh reportedly said he wanted this season, we are on target with the chance of a trophy to boot.

Well your argument was that Hughes couldn't be judged on his first season because they were not his players. I then pointed out that Sven was faced with juyst about the same situation of not "his" players as well. Its not a good argument to say one needs more time when the other wasn't given any at all, yet faces the label of "failure".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.