Where do you rank Hughes amongst City's past coaches?

Prestwich_Blue said:
bizzbo said:
is it just me who thinks that celebrating a carling cup semi-final as a historic moment is a bit, um, 'small club'

i'm chuffed, don't get me wrong, it's going to be great, but, still......
Sums up the attitude of the die-hard Hughes out brigade perfectly. When we get something we've all been hoping for and demanding, it's "a bit, um. 'small club'."

Don't get me wrong...I'd love to win the Carling Cup, but beating Crystal Palace, Fulham Reserves, Scunthorpe and Arsenal Kids is the least I'd expect from a so called 'Best Young British Manager' with £200mil+ at his disposal.

Im glad to finally see us in a semi....but it's hardly historic.

Prestwich_Blue said:
skybluekings said:
Great analysis, thanks for that :)
Not great analysis actually as it includes stats for lower leagues. You need to take those out and compare like-with-like.

Well it took some thought and time to put that together, so I for one applaud the effort rather that cast it aside.

BurnCK said:
Joycee Banercheck said:
Except here and now. So I'd like to see how he fares.

But does that make him a good manager ? Im sure there a sh*t load of managers out there that would do even better with £200mil and a clean slate.
The money makes it easier, yeah. But like I've said, he's got rid of teh shit and built the core of a very good side. I'd like to see that come into fruition and the more time the team plays together with the same manager, the more familiar with it all they will all become.

Chelsea, as an example, have Terry, Carvalho, Essien, Lampard, Joe Cole and Drogba. They've been with Chelsea for years. Those players could go out on a field without any management at all and turn teams over. They know each other and where each other play or will like the ball played to them. Thats comes with time. I hope Hughes gets the time too because we are capable of being unplayable at times.

BurnCK said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Sums up the attitude of the die-hard Hughes out brigade perfectly. When we get something we've all been hoping for and demanding, it's "a bit, um. 'small club'."

Don't get me wrong...I'd love to win the Carling Cup, but beating Crystal Palace, Fulham Reserves, Scunthorpe and Arsenal Kids is the least I'd expect from a so called 'Best Young British Manager' with £200mil+ at his disposal.

How is it not historic if we haven't done it for years? Most of the blues who go won't have seen us in a semi, so for them it is certainly historic. I was born in 77' and didn't know what a football was when we got to Wembley in 82', so for me it is historic as well. What would be deemed as 'historic' in your eyes then?

BurnCK said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Best Young British Manager is Martin O'Neil in my opinion (2nd is Moyes 3rd Hughes)

This thread ties in nicely with my previous thread

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=151553" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=151553</a>

The stats say that MH is the best manager we have had, end of...........or perhaps not eh!

Pigeonho said:
BurnCK said:

How is it not historic if we haven't done it for years? Most of the blues who go won't have seen us in a semi, so for them it is certainly historic. I was born in 77' and didn't know what a football was when we got to Wembley in 82', so for me it is historic as well. What would be deemed as 'historic' in your eyes then?

You're worrying me a little with your lack of knowledge. It's 33 years since we last won anything (not 36 as you stated in an earlier post) and we were in the 1981 FA Cup Final (not 1982). No excuse really, I am only one year older than you.

Pigeonho said:
BurnCK said:

Erm...winning the thing would be closer to historic. Which we haven't done yet.
Im in the same boat...born in '78 and never seen City win shit, but still wouldn't call a Carling Cup win historic...just a start.

m27 said:
Pigeonho said:

You're worrying me a little with your lack of knowledge. It's 33 years since we last won anything (not 36 as you stated in an earlier post) and we were in the 1981 FA Cup Final (not 1982). No excuse really, I am only one year older than you.

FFS, I got a couple of dates wrong. I think its obvious what point I was making. You're obviously a better blue than me though, so whatever you say I will bow to and adhere to from this point here in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.