Where is Michael Johnson?

TheMightyQuinn said:
He has more responsibility than us mere 'fans' though and should learn to keep his gob shut in my opinion.

If I was in his position I'm not sure I could or would keep my mouth shut.

stony said:
Bluebeer said:
see if this is true is dosnt make sense why the club tried so hard to help barton with his off field troubles and gave him so many chances.

from what ive heard johnno hasnt acted half as bad yet were not even going to attempt to help the lad....for me sending him to another club could make his drinking etc even worst, especially if a london club like tottenham or arsenal wanted him

Barton always performed on the pitch regardless of his twatish behaviour off it.

He did, always gave 100%. Johnno is giving us absolutely nothing. Just faking injuries and collecting his pay checks cos he cannot be arsed

As anyone who has dealt with drug/alcohol addiction wil know, people have to want to help themselves first and foremost. Without that, no amount of counselling will be effective. It doesn't sound like Johnson does want to help himself if these reports are true.

Prestwich_Blue said:
cheshireblue said:
One side of my brain feels sorry for Johnson. The other side thinks 'what a fucking idiot'.
One side of my brain thinks "What a fucking idiot". The other side thinks "What a fucking idiot".
Correct. The lad has a lifestyle the rest of us can only dream about, doing a job he (presumably?) loves, and is getting paid x thousand p/w. And by most accounts, he is busy (allegedly) pissing it up against a wall. He should take a long hard look at Gazza and realise what can happen to a brilliant player who hits the sauce big time. Hopefully it's not too late for the lad, although I would guess he's probably finished at City. Even disregarding any new faces that may come in in January, who out of our current first choice midfield would you drop for him? ? Elano (maybe)? Vince? SWP? Superman? Rob?

johnson is a quality player and yes he will get back into the team when he sorts his problems out, he goes out there and doesnt shit out of challenges and tries to get the team going. dont worry fi anyone can sort someone out it will be mark so come a couple of months johno will be back, doing better than ever

Bearing in mind he's recently signed a £12.5m contract with City I suspect he won't go wanting at any point in his life. Just a shame to see a gifted player piss it all away. In the past I've always been defensive of him, he's a young lad entitled to go out for a few beers and that, but anyone who's seen him recently knows he's got a problem.

Those around him need to sort his head out soon, or we should try to sack him off for breach of contract. Not that I've ever seen a professional footballer's contract, but I presume there must be a clause whereby they take responsibility for their fitness.

Kid has a lot of ability, we should give him every opportunity to get himself fit and healthy, physically and mentally.

Giving up on him at 21/22 seems very premature.

He has took the piss out of us, 35k a week to go boozing.

I agree that he's to young to write off just yet but i think that with good club management, a good stable woman and his own abode together with a kick up the arse from his old man, we could have a decent player on our hands.

Im not holding my breath though! Time to man up Micheal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.