Where is Michael Johnson?

Funny how Johnno's excess boozing never gets onto anyones camera phones. The % of sightings to photo's is 10000000:1. Very strange. I think some people see any blonde lad and assume it's Johnno. ;OP

mr t said:
Dutty1968 said:
I had a chat with Mike Summerbee at Eastlands a week before Xmas. He was very open with his thoughts on a number of players as I was with an ex City colleague of his who is a family member of mine. His view on Johnson is that 'he is finished at City!!' The club have apparently accepted the fact that they cannot change his attitude. The plan is to get him back to fitness and accept an offer in the summer.

Like me, Mike is saddened by this given the potential he displayed in the first half of last season. However, it was refreshing to hear the truth for once!!

For the record his view on others was;

Richards - has put on too much muscle and lost his focus
Dunne - will get his form back
Robinho - didn't want to come but is now making more positive noises
Elano - has an attitude problem
Sturridge - lazy!! (Didn't look it yesterday though from where I was sitting 3 rows behind the goal!!)
Vassell - not good enough (You don't say!)
Benjani - not good enough
Jo - give him time but he expects him to go on loan in January

Happy new year blues!!

Happy New Year - Did Mike have a good word for anybody then?

Interestingly he did!!

Zab - Hard as nails
Charlie - Hughes never wanted to sell him
Company - Best City signing for several years
Petrov - Rates him very highly as a crosser
SWP - Blue through and through

Nothing new in all the above though which is why I never originally posted the comments.

Have to agree with a previous poster - if some of the current team showed Mike's passion we would be closer to the top than the bottom.

If there's £35000 a week in the contract, it would surely include sufficient safeguards for the club to terminate it or invoke breach of contract IF the Colin Bell look-a-like but not play-like is pickled on a daily basis. Re the phone camera shots or lack of them, my son has spotted him with mates a la Stevie G at a watering hole in Rochdale. Common sense tells you to 'photograph' it in your mind's eye and have a quiet drink and go.

What's up with the Priory or similar establishments?

SouthStand211 said:
Funny how Johnno's excess boozing never gets onto anyones camera phones. The % of sightings to photo's is 10000000:1. Very strange. I think some people see any blonde lad and assume it's Johnno. ;OP

why would people make it up? trust me he's out alot.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
If there's £35000 a week in the contract, it would surely include sufficient safeguards for the club to terminate it or invoke breach of contract IF the Colin Bell look-a-like but not play-like is pickled on a daily basis.

Re-the clause, well, it would hardly be in City's best interests to terminate it, would it? If they did have such a clause they wouldn't in almost any circumstances invoke it – eg the Joey saga – because they'd then lose say, £5mill.

Simple, really...;0)

I agree with somebody else who posted on this thread...I know my boss wouldn't let me turn in work hungover to fuck or pissed up constantly so it's no excuse that a professional footballer like Michael Johnson is meant to be, is constantly on the lash and living it up. In fact it's a pisstake. We have bucketloads of money but surely our money contributes to his wages, which means we're paying to fund his lifestyle...most City fans would die to wear the shirt and he's pissing away the great potential he did have. Shocking.

Rösler's Dad said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
If there's £35000 a week in the contract, it would surely include sufficient safeguards for the club to terminate it or invoke breach of contract IF the Colin Bell look-a-like but not play-like is pickled on a daily basis.

Re-the clause, well, it would hardly be in City's best interests to terminate it, would it? If they did have such a clause they wouldn't in almost any circumstances invoke it – eg the Joey saga – because they'd then lose say, £5mill.

Simple, really...;0)

In his present state which club would employ him? And I believe he's on a long contract. Three or five years - £35k a week, £140k a month, £1.3M a year, over £5m still left in his contract. We lose £5m and save £5m. It might be a good proposition to put to the lad to shake him up and waken up his ideas. Our new found wealth, unlike the Nobrat saga, means we do not have to suffer fools or treat idiots like royalty.

SouthStand211 said:

I've seen him numerous times out in Manchester, in a student club of all places. It just doesn't seem the done thing to walk upto a mediocre football player and start taking pictures, that's probably why.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.