Where is the improving in CL?

Damanino

Can you say one thing where we improved in CL from last year?
Anything?

(Dont talk about Real, as they were in semifinal last year only going out on penalties, so they did have a good campaign last year after all.Plu won the league)

Ajax was unlucky not to go trough from group stage last year, and they got very unlucky again this year with this group but they are not total outsiders as most of the football fans thought at the draw.
(Also their squad got weaker the summer, selling some of their best defenders and playing Ajax youngsters in their place now.)

Dortmund made big mistakes last year finishing behind Arsenal/Olympiakos/Marseille in their group with only 4 points!
But this year they get a lot harder group and seems they will be top of the group or at least go trough on 2nd place.

That's what I call improving. And that was Klopp's first year in CL. He was an inexperienced coach in CL. (Not like Mancini.) This is his only 2nd year in CL. And he beats Real at home, Ajax at home, they dominated us at Etihad big time, only Hart made us avoid a horrible loss. They get a draw at the Bernabeu.
(Dont even say their best earning player would on the lower part of City's wage list...)

Also their player didnt have experience in CL. Lewandowski, Reus, Götze, Gundögan, Subotic, Hummels etc never played in CL before. Maybe only Kehl.
While we had some players who played 20-30-50 CL matches before. Nasri, Silva, Tevez, Yaya, Balotelli, even Dzeko at Wolfsburg, Agüero maybe at Atletico.

Really dissapointing CL campaign for City. Can we say next year we will be better? Last year we said, and then this happened...

We can be lucky with an easier group meaning getting Dinamo Zagreb and and like Anderlecht in the group to make sure we not fail again as they are even lot weaker than Ajax.

But we wont be closer with that to the elite (Real, Barca, Bayern) or to the really strong teams (Dortmund, Sahtar, Napoli, Juventus) or even the good ones like Ajax.

We didnt improve in anything. Defence is not better, attacking is not better, we had problems with corners too, this year as well, we knew exactly where we made our mistakes last year (not beating Napoli at home was the biggest imo) and then now we go out at home and play like shit against Dortmund now against Ajax we concede silly joke goals from corners. Frank de Boer probably couldnt belive at that moment they are 2-0 up after 25 minutes.

The only thing changed for us is we got a harder group and for that reason we get lot less points.

I like this post.

I love Mancini to bits, but I really don't understand how a team made through a few hundred millions can be so shit in Europe.

It doesn't matter if we had beaten Ajax or not, fact is, for a team of this calibre, which people proclaim to be able to match Madrid's, shouldn't even have been in this situation in the first place.

Only thing we can probably say is we got a worse group than last year's. Other teams improved, but we didn't.

If anything, I hope I can put the blame on the shit window we had.

de niro said:
We are two years in, we will get better and better.

Has any team, spending money or not, won the CL at the first or second time of asking? How long did it take the Mighty Stretford, or those arrogant farts Munich? And at the second time of asking did MANUre get a group which reflected the quality of the group we're in this season?

As sad it is I have to agree.

CL is tricky. We were not lucky with the draws but neither were our opponents. The last thing they wanted was Man City from Pot 2.
They probably thought we will be tougher opponents then what we showed against them. Probably because how much our squad cost, how big our wage bill is (in top 5 of the clubs in the world)...

Without real improvement we still have the big problems. What you say is we get next year a Barca-City-Anderlecht-Dinamo Z. group. One very strong will be there from Pot 1 and English team cannot be so Barca/Real or Bayern most probably.

We go trough from this group but in the 1/16 finals we face Sahtar, Juventus or some tough Russian team.
We can get done just as easily as by Ajax or Dortmund.

We need improve, we need to get stronger, cut out silly mistakes, play more like a team.
Also better mentality is needed.
Sometimes it would be good to see the same mentality at 0-0 what we see when where are behind in the second half.
Why we have to to go behind and fear from the loss to really get going?

We have a lot improve in Europe. it is not very good we came to the CL as English Champions and leave on 4th place maybe without a win in 6 matches.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
de niro said:
We are two years in, we will get better and better.

Has any team, spending money or not, won the CL at the first or second time of asking? How long did it take the Mighty Stretford, or those arrogant farts Munich? And at the second time of asking did MANUre get a group which reflected the quality of the group we're in this season?

I do not think improvement means winning.

I could be wrong however, it has happened before.

Getting out of the group is what 16 teams do out of 32.
Winning the CL is what 1 one does out of the 32.

Some people try to think and say it is the same. It is not.

With the squad we have we should go trough from this group.
With the team we have we simply cannot go trough from this group. We are not good enough. Its not our squad. It's our team. And our coach who puts together the team. And gives them tactics and stuff.

Look at QPR.

With their squad they shouldnt be relegated, right?
With the team they have they would deserve it if they keep getting results like this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.