Where is the single most beautiful place you have been?

Yeah, we’ve got a place in ‘Pano’. We lived in Cochrane and used to ski at Pano every weekend (our kids were part of the ski team). There are some great courses in the Valley (Eagle Ranch is awesome). Invermere is a nice little spot. Greywolf has improved dramatically the last few years under new ownership. We love Panorama. Lots of fun stuff to do in and around Pano/Invermere.
Lucky bugger. My mate had a condo in Canmore which worked well as a base.
We did Eagle Ranch once and yep it’s great, I remember stopping golf just to was a cayote trying to catch one of those fat rat things.
Just so spoilt for choice, it made Sale GC look like a pitch and put.

Too many to say but Havasu Canyon in the Grand Canyon was right up there

Swim-under-the-Havasu-Falls-in-the-Grand-Canyon-USA.jpg

Lucky bugger. My mate had a condo in Canmore which worked well as a base.
We did Eagle Ranch once and yep it’s great, I remember stopping golf just to was a cayote trying to catch one of those fat rat things.
Just so spoilt for choice, it made Sale GC look like a pitch and put.
Yep, very lucky to have lived in the places we have. Knowing we have a place at Pano does tug at our heart strings now we’re back in the UK. Life in Canada was great, and we have lots of great friends there, but we are enjoying our life back in the UK. Not a bad fall back option for us if it doesn’t work out here. All things being equal, Greywolf will be my ‘home course’ once I retire. My top rated courses in that part of the world are FYI

Greywolf (Pano)
Eagle Ranch (Invermere)
Banff Springs (Banff)
Stewart Creek (Canmore)
Trickle Creek (Kimberley)
Gleneagles (Cochrane)

If you ski, you should try Pano. Like having your own private ski resort, and it’s big.

One of my favourites. On a boat to Manly and looking at the Opera House and Bridge in the blazing January sun. Beautiful.

I went to an Island off Mauritius for a day. Stunning

I love looking at Windermere from the top of the Langdale pikes- stunning view!

Central Park was nice on a hot Easter Day.

I used to regularly cross the Harbour when I worked in North Sydney. I enjoyed every single time I went across it.

One of my favourite sights was Komodo Island. Something like this...

Attachments

• Komodo-National-Park-Padar-Island.jpg
    Komodo-National-Park-Padar-Island.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 9
Yep, very lucky to have lived in the places we have. Knowing we have a place at Pano does tug at our heart strings now we’re back in the UK. Life in Canada was great, and we have lots of great friends there, but we are enjoying our life back in the UK. Not a bad fall back option for us if it doesn’t work out here. All things being equal, Greywolf will be my ‘home course’ once I retire. My top rated courses in that part of the world are FYI

Greywolf (Pano)
Eagle Ranch (Invermere)
Banff Springs (Banff)
Stewart Creek (Canmore)
Trickle Creek (Kimberley)
Gleneagles (Cochrane)

If you ski, you should try Pano. Like having your own private ski resort, and it’s big.
Did all those except Trickle Creek. Stewart Creek was also amazing and only 10 mins from his condo.
Banff Springs was also great but the starter in plus fours put me off a little. :)
The 2 courses at Kananaskis are also definitely worth the trip.
I don’t ski anymore but my mate and nephew did Pano and were very complimentary.

Was only telling my cousin this morning about that ferry from Manly. Also the Thai fishcakes on Manly pier worth the journey on their own

Yes, just tremendous. My then missus lived in Balgowlah, 1 mile from Manly and I lived in the City on Sussex street (50 metres from Cheers) and then Pitt Street (25 metres) from Scruffy Murphys.

So splitting my time between the two I was constantly on that Ferry and the view never got boring. Manly was great also, used to cycle from Balgowlah, run along the beach, dip into the sea to cool off followed by a fresh orange juice. Not a bad life

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.