Where will we finish?

7th unless we get a couple of pearler players in which case 6th is very possible! but I suspect Everton will come 6th and below that there is no one we should worry about even with no signings! Top 5 is settled already in my view!

For me the next 2 or 3 games are crucially important. If we fail to get anything from them, then panic is going to ensue very quickly, and rightly so. If by the end of January we continue to put out performances like the woeful and disgraceful Forest performance, then I wouldn't even want to guess where we could end up.

However, I am looking at positives today and Bridge is a decent signing for me. I am fed up of moaning about this manager when there is clearly nothing going to be done about it. So I admit defeat and am going to make a concerted effort to be 'glass half full' from now on. We have another week now to do something about the dreadfully leaky defence, and try and get some balance into our midfield.

I think Hughes ought to start listening to his critics a bit also though. He needs to stop over-thinking the sides he is putting out and go back to basics for me. Let's get players in positions that they are strong in and keep the ball on the ground for a while.

Assuming we can do all this, I wouldn't expect any improvement on last year, but could live with that, as long as we are not to far away from 9th/10th.

when someone posted the link to the BBC prediction's for the rest of the season i had us finishing 6th (didnt realise i was so biased!) but that Forest result has really knocked the stuffing out of me, after such a poor performance i cant help but feel we're actually in deep trouble, I'd take top ten if it was offered right now! especially as a lot of the players we're being linked with have bad injury records, if the worst happens we could spend £40m and, a lot of the time, still have the same side out on the pitch as we have now! I'LL DON THE BLUE SPECS AND SAY 11TH.

ManCityFC said:
For me the next 2 or 3 games are crucially important. If we fail to get anything from them, then panic is going to ensue very quickly, and rightly so. If by the end of January we continue to put out performances like the woeful and disgraceful Forest performance, then I wouldn't even want to guess where we could end up.

However, I am looking at positives today and Bridge is a decent signing for me. I am fed up of moaning about this manager when there is clearly nothing going to be done about it. So I admit defeat and am going to make a concerted effort to be 'glass half full' from now on. We have another week now to do something about the dreadfully leaky defence, and try and get some balance into our midfield.

I think Hughes ought to start listening to his critics a bit also though. He needs to stop over-thinking the sides he is putting out and go back to basics for me. Let's get players in positions that they are strong in and keep the ball on the ground for a while.

Assuming we can do all this, I wouldn't expect any improvement on last year, but could live with that, as long as we are not to far away from 9th/10th.

Good shout mate, cudda wrote this myself.
But for the glass to remain half-full i am in need of a few positives coming out of the club this coming week.

Maybe yesterdays cancellation was the first sign of the 'luck pendulum' swinging toward City!

But yeh, bearing in mind the sh*te position we find ourselves, 8th-10th will have to be accepatable.

And of course winning the UEFA Cup!!!! (ok that might be a bridge too far)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.