Which away grounds are the unfriendliest to visit?

Old Trafford.

Plus I still haven't forgiven the Police at how they handled last seasons Carling Cup ties.

A few from the late 90's come to mind.
Most notable ones that come to mind that I remember it kicking off at are luton, burnley, milwall, birmingham, leeds and everton

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_gKMe0gt-o&feature=related[/youtube]

Anyone here who was there when this happend?

Does anyone have the link showing a large group of Stoke fans waiting outside for some visiting fans to emerge? It was shown on here about a year back. They were intimidating. My worst experiences were at Derby and Nottm Forest back in the 70's. I guess the Kippax was pretty scary for opposition fans too.

Any away game these days pretty much guarantees safe passage for those who want it.

Football is a different game now than it was in the 70s and 80s.

In those days many grounds were dangerous to visit, especially by train and especially if you were a working class lad, wearing street fashions and in a little group.

I havent felt remotely threatened for donkey's years. Some clubs now might have 50 or 100 hooligans looking for other hooligans. But back in the 80s you could get a smack just for coming off the station.

mcfcliam said:
mergatroid said:
That surprises me as I've not heard much about them till this thread? (not that I doubt you as you've obviously experienced it and I haven't).

I ain't experienced it, I'm 18 years old.

I've been to Stoke 4 times though and their fans are complete and utter dinosaurs living in the 50's.

Well they advanced 50 years in 3 years then, thats unbelievable

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.