Which of our current squad do/would we miss most ?

This season we have missed kompany, aguero and silva and continued

Once without Fernandinho we lost a big game

A bunch of us had this very debate after stuffing the rags , and Fernandinho was the unanimous choice.

Kompany right now. Would we win a big game without him? If we had a week to prepare for a game without Fernandinho he wouldn't be as missed as people think. He's only the most important because the way we set up with the intention to play him means when he can't play it drastically alters the whole approach whereas if we lose someone like Kompany it's just a straight swap, albeit for a much weaker player.

So if it was a minute before kick we would probably miss Fernandinho the most, but if it was a game where we could prepare for it we would miss Kompany more.

I think missing Fernandihno against Chelsea stood out like a sore thumb.
We have missed other players but have managed better. imo.

mayo31 said:
This season we have missed kompany, aguero and silva and continued

Once without Fernandinho we lost a big game

Fair point Mayo but don't forget in that same game we also missed Garcia as his replacement and so had to use DMD who was a fish out of water. We also missed Aguero for that game so the jury is out really.

I think that if we have a full team and everyone fit and firing, Aguero is the icing on the cake. His work-rate up front and his finishing are sublime.

Then again, I don't know. The question is unanswerable.

Without Ferny we miss the engine room. Without Vinnie we miss the leadership and organisation at the back and the link with the midfield.

Without Silva we miss the genius and the lock-picker.

Nasri was missed when he was out. He adds another dimension to the team. His energy and close control and work-rate are exquisite.

Zabs is another for whom we don't have a replacement on the right flank.

What can you say about the colossus that is Yaya ? All been said before so not going to repeat it but he's surely won more games for us than anyone in the past ?

I suppose the answer is that they are all irreplaceable. They are like a chain, only as strong as its weakest link. If any of them go missing, we don't really have in-depth back-up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.