Which of our current squad do/would we miss most ?

simonk said:
its like thinking about when your dog is going to die.
One day Yaya, Silva, Vinny and Zaba will move on.
We are witnessing some of the very best players in the world here.
I know they will be replaced - but could it ever be the same?

Or when your dog gets too old to do the things he used to do....

Time will tell, and if we don't sell anyone to Real / Barca etc this current crop has got 2, maybe 3 seasons before any key member may be on the wain.
So I'd say it would be a case of 'Who will we have most difficulty replacing with the same or better quality?'.
We appear to be struggling to find another world class Centre Half to play alongside Vinny, there are always top stikers available if you pay the money, but when Yaya goes that will take something out of our team that has the fear factor for the opposition.

So Yaya for me, but I'm not worrying about the dog dying, I'm enjoying the pedigree of our players right here right now.

shaiomarali said:
Hart. Pants is a great number 2 but there are certain games where an all round classic goalkeeper is needed and Pants isn't to me that type.

Milner. Of all the players in the team, I find Milner the jack of all trades that we need. Great cover for several positions when the team runs thin. Lucky we have depth in the squad. Milner has also been resistant to injuries like Pab Zab. I dont expect him to start every game but him on the bench always puts me at ease as he can see out games.

Hart and Milner? More important than Kompany, Yaya, Silva, Fernandinho, Aguero etc.

Not a chance. We could sell them and, as long as we got adequate replacements, not be too affected. Good luck replacing Yaya/Kompany/Silva

fernan without a doubt. when he missed the Sunderland away game, yaya put in one of the worst performances I have ever seen and I put that down to fernandinho not being there to do all the dirty work. fernan has also missed games v chelsea and norwich and again you could see how much he was missed in them games.

Silva for sure - makes us tick and without him there is just not as much link up play between defence & the forward(s).

mayo31 said:
This season we have missed kompany, aguero and silva and continued

Once without Fernandinho we lost a big game

Of the 5 away games we lost, four have been without Fernandinho. He is a rock and certainly deserves to play for Brazil in the World Cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.