• Nothing bothers me

Votes: 72 16.3%
  • Nation state club

Votes: 75 17.0%
  • Forgot - Oil club!

Votes: 38 8.6%

• Total voters

JASR

With the bile tap turned up to 11 in the past few days, I thought I might do another poll after the success of the previous.
I vaguely remember a very few pieces of bile from the takeover days, that ticked up with the FA cup win, and then 93:20, but it seems from memory to have gone stratospheric with the 2014 PL win. It’s now and has been for awhile a case of rinse and repeat - City not doing well - silence, City doing well - wheel out the lies.

edit: retired lie no1 - the shiekh will get bored
edit2: retired lie no2 - we only buy mercenaries
edit2: Added the 'oil club' choice, probably as bit late, but it's a lie repeated enough, and is probably the funniest and laughable lie of the lot, means nothing to me as an insult - as it's so laughable, hence forgetting it.
edit3: Retired lie no3 - We have no home grown academy players

Last edited:
No fans, we average over 50,000 a week and slightly less than the dippers yet the myth has been cultivated that we play in front of 10 people and a dog. I’ve been following City since 1986 and never heard this crap being peddled before the takeover. It seemed to come to prominence after our fa cup win and then the 2012 league title. It was basically chucked at us as the rags had to take that banner down and didn’t have anything else to rib us with.

In the age of social media and misinformation this has infiltrated the great unwashed who have had their chips pissed on by City.

We have a massive squad and could field 2 sides full of superstars. I believe we have a smaller squad than most.

I love reading the painful whines on RAWK. Of late the general theme seems to be that we are making it too difficult for them to win by simply not dropping points. They seem to be of the mindset that whatever the get as a total should be enough and if it isn't then they are the victim. I even noticed it on several outlets over the weekend claiming that draws away to Spurs and Chelsea would normally be considered good points but now City make it feel like you lost. Carragher, Souness, Owen and many others have all stated the same nonsense that our performances are anti competitive and that Liverpool's deficit is purely down to City and not any failing of their own. Carragher even claimed that City make you feel as if the 'run in' starts as early as November. So in answer to your question, what they say speaks more about their pain than anything that pains me.

Last edited:
No fans, we average over 50,000 a week and slightly less than the dippers yet the myth has been cultivated that we play in front of 10 people and a dog. I’ve been following City since 1986 and never heard this crap being peddled before the takeover. It seemed to come to prominence after our fa cup win and then the 2012 league title. It was basically chucked at us as the rags had to take that banner down and didn’t have anything else to rib us with.

In the age of social media and misinformation this has infiltrated the great unwashed who have had their chips pissed on by City.
I think in the last ten years our average has been slightly higher than the dippers, we actually had a higher average than the dippers in 2004 & 2005 which was before the takeover, sadly it will change this year because of stadium changes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.