• Rangers

Votes: 103 6.9%
  • Celtic

Votes: 195 13.0%
  • Barcelona

Votes: 130 8.7%

• Total voters

Berts Neck

Have just been reading the Liverpool spitting thread which has really annoyed me, as once more their vile fans have been exonerated. Was born in Manchester, bleed Blue as do all my family. Grew up in Chorlton and from the age five hated anything red..so from 1967 not a fan of rags..Truthfully,since then,the rags have always been my biggest dislike.Along the way have disliked Spurs for 1981 and more recently Villa for their foul behaviour at Wembley. The one club though, that has made me question my number one dislike of the rags are the scousers. I never thought I could dislike a club more than the rags, but truthfully am questioning my long held belief. I hated the rags,because they had success, I wanted that success, and they rubbed our noses in the crap with their stupid banner. However my dislike of the scousers stems not from a football success, but from a moral negativity.We are all entitled to opinions on Hillsborough,Heysel, coach destruction(ours and Madrid), spitting from not only fans but players,disproportionate number of ex-scouser commentators,the diving player who prays before a match then clearly cheats every game, denying English clubs the capacity to partake in Europe for years. I could go on. The scousers are now my number one dislike. Who do you dislike most now and has it changed. ???

I hate the rags most too. But unlike the OP, it wasn't because of their success (which also coincided with our worst era) no, I wasn't jealous of that, a little envious yes, (as I was envious of when Chelsea got taken over, wishing it could have been us ... but I didn't hate them for it)

My hatred came from their totally classless, and sneeringly, arrogant mocking way of 'enjoying' their success and our slide into the third division. Ironically, I didn't hate the dippers for their success prior to the rags. I actually admired it then.

That banner, is something I will never forget, and never forgive. That the club endorsed it made it ten times worse, as I saw it as complete disrespect towards MCFC, the club that had helped them out on more than one occasion in their past.

The other thing I hate about them (I am sure there are other reasons, but these are the main two) is the total hypocrisy in the whole 'right way', and 'utd way' they peddle. Either ignorant, or just disregarding the amount of sugar daddy investment, right back to their days as Newton Heath (the shame of my hometown) that they have benefitted from. Which got them, along with Sky TV deals to be able to spend more and buy more than any other club in the 90's ... and yet they say we buy titles etc.

So, for as much as I despise the dipper's behavior, both club and fans in recent seasons, it will always be the rags who I hate most.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.