Which year was the best for you personally, and why?

Mr Ed (The Stables)

After being taken back down memory lane on a thread in the main forum. I got to thinking that 1977 was a very enjoyable and successful year for me.

I had a decent job with a good pension (which I am now getting the fruits of) I was single, no responsibilities, I never had money issues.

I went home and away to virtually every City game. I was a member of the England supporters club and went to every England home game that year.

On top of that all the superstar Rock bands were at their height and I managed to see the Pink Floyd at Bingley Hall Stafford + loads of others After most games on a Saturday we went to watch numerous bands at the Apollo or the Freetrade Hall. Seeing Bowie at the Apollo with Iggy Pop what a night.

Pips in Manchester was a regular night out mainly in the Bowie/Roxy room, with an odd peak into the punk room for some pogo dancing. For the last hour into the main disco to try and cop off with a bit of skirt.

What an unbelievable year 1977 was for me. Problem is it's 26 years ago!!

Well this year certainly hasn't been a good one for me , probably the worst i've ever experienced !

City got promoted.

England beat Australia 3 - 1 in The Ashes

Marillion released Misplaced Childhood

IQ released The Wake

I got a job.

I got laid.

Is there anything else?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
chabal said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
I had sex with an awful lot of attractive women in 2003.

That's just so shallow.
It is, it was.

My post was cut short.

It should have read..

That's just so shallow, you lucky bastard, do you have their mobile numbers?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.