Whisky.

Pigeonho

In the King's Head, waiting for the Queen's legs t
I got a right nice selection over Christmas, one of which was Auchentoshan American Age Oak. Now normally I’m one not to to do anything but use whisky stones, not even ice and especially not mixers. That said, today I’ve bucked the trend. On the box it says to mix the whisky with lemon and honey, a cold toddy if you will, then complete it with a Pale Ale mixer and ice.

Wow! Blown away and they’re currently flowing sweet.

Anymore unusual whisky concoctions??

Last edited:
Nope - for me its neat or with ice.........can't be doing with fruit flavoured beers either.............or spirits.........or fucking coffee's that have vanilla or chocolate in them. So probs just me.

I was bought some Welsh whisky for Xmas - Penderyn Myth single malt - not expecting much but its bloody lovely ! I can recommend.

I'm still relatively young in the palette when it comes to whisky, moving on from Jack Daniels, I've got a lovely Jura on the go, and just acquired a Bushmills over Xmas.

The king is still Hibiki, just so so easy to drink.

Got a bottle of Dalwhinnie Winters Gold which they say you should bung in the freezer a la vodka. Not sure I could do this with a malt, had a nip at room temp and it tasted remarkably like Dalwhinnie. Lame marketing attempt I reckon.

I drink boulaverdiers.

1 part Campari
1 part red vermouth
2 parts bourbon.

Lots of ice.

Bloody gorgeous!

I got a right nice selection over Christmas, one of which was Auchentoshan American Age Oak. Now normally I’m one not to to do anything but use whisky stones, not even ice and especially not mixers. That said, today I’ve bucked the trend. On the box it says to mix the whisky with lemon and honey, a cold toddy if you will, then complete it with a Pale Ale mixer and ice.

Wow! Blown away and they’re currently flowing sweet.

Anymore unusual whisky concoctions??

Assumed this would’ve been your Scotch of choice ;)

eed4ef25181141.56342bd504bdf.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.