Whisky.

currently working my way through a Glendronach Allardice (18, sherry cask) and a Glenglassaugh port cask finished not aged, the Glendronach is delicious with a drop of water, but the glenglassaugh isn't all that. Also have a Lagavulin 16 yr old on the go for when I fancy someting a bit heavier and peaty, and just bought a bottle of 15 year old highland park, which I'm told has been discontinued. Haven't breached the defences of that one yet but it's supposed to be good....

Did a few speyside distilleries last year, which was a blast, half cut on Malt at 10-30 in the morning sets you up for a good day

I had a bottle of the 18 year old Glendronach Allardice too, off Mrs. MBB for Xmas. I've not had a nicer whisky that I can recollect; amazing stuff.

A friend also recommended Caol Ila Distillers Edition too. I love a peaty whisky in the same vein as Laphroaig and Lagavulin; this however, is nicer. A great recommendation from my mate and if anyone particularly enjoys a peated whisky then this would be right up your strasse.

I had a bottle of the 18 year old Glendronach Allardice too, off Mrs. MBB for Xmas. I've not had a nicer whisky that I can recollect; amazing stuff.

A friend also recommended Caol Ila Distillers Edition too. I love a peaty whisky in the same vein as Laphroaig and Lagavulin; this however, is nicer. A great recommendation from my mate and if anyone particularly enjoys a peated whisky then this would be right up your strasse.

not tried a caol ila yet, my personal favourite is a bowmore 18 yr old from a manzanilla cask, cheapest part of a special edition trilogy they did a few years back, peaty yet sweet, can't buy it these days but my mate has a bottle which I've sampled a couple of times, not much left now though

Haven't timed it. Does it have a time? It's liked being asked how many wipes you take.

Pour it. Drink it. Enjoy it. Finish it. Pour another. Repeat.

I can drink whisky neat but within the hour I have pissed myself and find myself singing the goblin song much to the annoyance of the wife and my liver.

I have done a quick tour of the house, as my malts are spread both here and there. The list runs as follows:
Bowmore No.1
Bunnahabhain Darach Ùr
Glenfiddich 12yo (3 x bottles)
Glen Marnoch Islay
Glenmorangie Midwinter Night’s Dram
Kilchoman Coull Point
Penderyn Legend
Scapa 16yo
Scapa Skiren
Talisker Skye
Tirril Cumbrian Old Faithful

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.