Who’s your favourite City manager ever?

Oh you are a clever little dick.

First, your comment about Blues’ mentalities was condescending in the extreme, albeit par for course.

Second, in your rush to disparage others, you either deliberately or unthinkingly misinterpreted the question. It was about “favourite manager”, not the most technically adept or the most ambassadorial. It’s ridiculous that you don’t understand why so many favour the man who rolled back the Red Sea, ripped down the banner and showed the erstwhile piss takers their arses.

Mancini got City better than almost anyone, including Pep. That’s another reason why he’ll always be remembered fondly. He showed “Fergie” (sic) the reverence the old cnut deserved, He gave every appearance of loving us, whereas Pep gives every appearance of loving the project.

History may yet show Pep as our “best” manager ever. However, that wasn’t the question.

Mancini got city better than anyone? Hahaha put the whisky away and go to sleep.

Out of interest what did Mancini do whilst manager that made you think he loved us? Not saying he didn’t as there was a bond between us, I didn’t see anything like Pep at Leicster is in the cup last year. Oh he wore a scarf like he did at Inter before us. That must be it. He fell out with players and the club, of course he gave us great times I just don’t get why him as a person people warm to, that’s why as a club we got rid.

More rag obsessive reasons why Roberto wins.

Have you got a problem with Karen?

It was my post she replied to and the fact Mancini dragged us into the winners enclosure is a problem for you why?

Are you the only City fan that didn't enjoy the extra special moment of winning the title at the expense of our most "bitter" rivals.

Your post is nothing more than somebody goading a fellow fan, quite shitty behaviour but not unexpected from you really.

Last edited:
Mancini got city better than anyone? Hahaha put the whisky away and go to sleep.

Out of interest what did Mancini do whilst manager that made you think he loved us? Not saying he didn’t as there was a bond between us, I didn’t see anything like Pep at Leicster is in the cup last year. Oh he wore a scarf like he did at Inter before us. That must be it. He fell out with players and the club, of course he gave us great times I just don’t get why him as a person people warm to, that’s why as a club we got rid.

I don’t usually spend much time on WUMs and you’ve had a few minutes already.

Fuck me. A bit of a holiday and back you pop spouting absolute bile at genuine City fans. We get it, you don't like us, so now you know that we know how about fucking off?

I’m generally someone who thinks of employees of the club as dispensable based on performance and don’t attach emotion to commenting on performance by managers or players. For example I think we need to move Vinny on now as he’s clearly gone at the top level and I had no problem with us sacking Mancini considering what happened behind the scenes.

That said, what you’ve posted is total bollocks. Mancini had a bond with the fans that outweighs even Pep. I think we could have more than that with Pep by the time he goes but Mancini was incredibly close to the fans throughout.

The first comment he made on that day in May 2012 was that “this is for all of our supporters... 44 years...”

Pep is obviously closer to the players which is more important in my opinion but Mancini throughout was closer to the fans.

How every single person isn’t choosing Pep is beyond me.

Well you have to think that some of us had been waiting all our lives to see City lift a trophy, 1977 for me, of course you are going to remember Mancini with sheer delight, Pep is a quality manager absolutely no doubt about that and our football is on another planet but you always remember your first love lol

bja8ok.jpg
9222.jpg

For me I can't pick just one because the three I have chosen were all of a different time, but all to me are legends.

1: Joe Mercer/Malcolm Allison. I put these as a team because both admitted they just complimented each other perfectly and when they split that proved to be the case. As a kid they were my absolute heroes and I hung onto every word and believed with them at the helm anything was possible. Until recent events they managed the best players and most successful period in our history and played great football too.

2: Roberto Mancini. He came into the club when the euphoria of the takeover was waning. Although we were obviously better than we were, which wasn't difficult, we weren't ripping up any trees. He tightened things up, gave us a meaner edge and a winning mentality. He connected with the fan's and I don't give a shit what anyone says or who he fell out with he got us, he really did. He rattled Ferguson like no other manager ever had and played a blinder when it looked like we had blown the title. He promised to rip down that fucking banner and did it and moved the mentality of the club to a whole new level. Don't forget we had won nothing for 35 years and no title for 44 and he put that to bed. A legend.

3: Pep. An absolute football genius who has the team playing the best football I have seen in 50 years of following City. We are privileged to have him and watch the football on the pitch he creates in his head. Long may it continue.

Well you have to think that some of us had been waiting all our lives to see City lift a trophy, 1977 for me, of course you are going to remember Mancini with sheer delight, Pep is a quality manager absolutely no doubt about that and our football is on another planet but you always remember your first love lol

bja8ok.jpg
9222.jpg

I love Bobby and always will.

Watching this City team every week is better than I ever could have even imagined though, in terms of style of play and achievement domestically and that’s down to Pep.

He’s the greatest we’ve ever had and he’s transforming the club.

I love Bobby and always will.

Watching this City team every week is better than I ever could have even imagined though, in terms of style of play and achievement domestically and that’s down to Pep.

He’s the greatest we’ve ever had and he’s transforming the club.

All fair enough mate but thread is favourite not greatest :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.