Who’s your favourite City manager ever?

I hated the Everton thing with Howard Kendall and then Peter Reid, but generally, to me, I kind of back our managers, a la ' The King is Dead, long live the king'.

Under these owners, at the start, they inherited Hughes, who was doing okay and pleasingly took no shit from Ferguson.

Then Mancini, who took Ferguson on face to face and beat him. 'Never in my lifetime ' Ha!

Then 'The Quiet Man' and the transformation from big physical, to what we are seeing today. How he didn't get one of the manager awards is the greatest travesty.

Then this joker, 'Fraudiola'. First season dodgy, but under intense and severe criticism, kept faith in his methods, day after day, drumming into the squad, his mantra. A visionary and our greatest manager.

Mancini got city better than anyone? Hahaha put the whisky away and go to sleep.

Out of interest what did Mancini do whilst manager that made you think he loved us? Not saying he didn’t as there was a bond between us, I didn’t see anything like Pep at Leicster is in the cup last year. Oh he wore a scarf like he did at Inter before us. That must be it. He fell out with players and the club, of course he gave us great times I just don’t get why him as a person people warm to, that’s why as a club we got rid.

I don’t normally agree with you, but I do this time. I have taken to Pep a lot more than I did to Mancini. I thought Mancini was extremely limited in his managing ability and found him very frustrating. He loved us, but so does Pep. Peps is a whole different level when it comes to management.

Without question,Pep.

His brand of football is amazing,and his ability to get that bit extra out of 99% of his players is pure genius.

Add in the fact that not only has his presence transformed our fortunes,but his influence is now spreading throughout the leagues and undoubtedly into our National side,Southgate is definitely an admirer as he's clearly been watching and learning.
This.Pep all day.

Keegan for bringing a style of football back to the club that we deserved. It was if a dark cloud had been lifted. It was exciting to watch and be a part of.

Mancini brought the title by playing lovely football and not caring a jot what the dour Scotsman over the road did. He, to use an American phrase, stuck it to the man, and it felt very very good indeed.

Pep has continued this but in his own way. I thought it would be all pass pass pass when he took over with no end product but we are playing the type of football I could have only dreamed about as a young boy.

All 3 managers had something about them, all 3 got this mighty club playing brilliant football, all 3 had a hand in getting us to where we are now.

But a favourite? That's like choosing your favourite child.

First born it is!

Keegan.

I don’t normally agree with you, but I do this time. I have taken to Pep a lot more than I did to Mancini. I thought Mancini was extremely limited in his managing ability and found him very frustrating. He loved us, but so does Pep. Peps is a whole different level when it comes to management.
Mancini, "extremely limited". Aye, one of only ten managers in the last 28 years to have won the league. And that FA cup - all despite "extremely" limited management skills. You found him "very frustrating". Yep, I did too. That title-winning season, in the 19 games at home I only saw 18 wins and 1 draw. Limited. Frustrating. Mancini was the bollocks.
pcs-mancini-balotelli-2q_0.jpg

Mancini, "extremely limited". Aye, one of only ten managers in the last 28 years to have won the league. And that FA cup - all despite "extremely" limited management skills. You found him "very frustrating". Yep, I did too. That title-winning season, in the 19 games at home I only saw 18 wins and 1 draw. Limited. Frustrating. Mancini was the bollocks.
pcs-mancini-balotelli-2q_0.jpg

Great idea. Let's bring back the Mancini Wars to Bluemoon, Come on down, one and all. His man management skills were limited, yes, and he did win trophies. Pep has won trophies but without the same caveat. And his football is a step up. We loved Mancini, and we love Pep.
The question wasn't who's the best, its who's your favourite, so its 100% opinion.
Pep for me.
Where's the poll anyway?

Great idea. Let's bring back the Mancini Wars to Bluemoon, Come on down, one and all. His man management skills were limited, yes, and he did win trophies. Pep has won trophies but without the same caveat. And his football is a step up. We loved Mancini, and we love Pep.
The question wasn't who's the best, its who's your favourite, so its 100% opinion.
Pep for me.
Where's the poll anyway?
Mancini's man-management skills limited? Took us to our 1st trophy in 34 yrs, followed by the ultimate. Yeah, limited. .

There's no question whatsoever about Pep being a better manager than Mancini.

As for favourite, that's a different question - I think Pep being a bit of an oddball will always have trouble endearing himself to fans to create a real emotional bond. That's what makes him who he is though, that's why he will go down as one of the best managers in history.

Huge soft spot for Mancini though. He knew what little things to do to endear himself to the fans, as well as being a top manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.