Who are the fittest sportsmen?

I'd have gone for boxing as the main one as it must be absolutely draining when getting hit.

I was surprised no one has mentioned Rugby League... a very physical game and a lot of running.

I can imagine playing a PL game against a top team would mean you have to be incredibly fit as well.

Tennis has got to be up there . Often the men can play 5 hr matches and then a doubles match . Day off and then another 5 hr match .

Cyclists. The grand tours they ride are 2,300 miles in 3 weeks covering all types of terrain. I once spent a couple of days climbing some of the Cols they do and it nearly killed me and I thought I was fit at the time.

This is the sport that comes to mind straight away. They run for hours and hours up some ridiculous inclines.

... And then do the same thing the next day and the day after that etc. The endurance of those riders is incredible. I think I'd be knackered just driving 2300 miles.

Boxers and MMA fighters as well. Both look exhausting especially when your opponent is targeting your lungs, choking you etc.

giphy.gif
Who’s she?

Asking for a friend.

I seem to remember that years ago there was a programme on TV where different sportsmen competed against each other in general fitness challenges. What I remember most is that every time an F1 driver appeared on the show they won.

I think this is true of most sport at that level - even the bloke that comes last in most Olympic events is almost superhuman compared to even a decently fit club level athlete. Obviously things like darts, fishing and curling can fuck right off.

I say this as someone who is a massive fan of pro-cycling, but I think your use of the word “superhuman” is interesting if it’s applied to that sport, and I’ll leave it at that.
They are incredible athletes but if I was playing devils advocate, apart from the obvious suspicions, a) they get downhills to recover/rest, and b) the drafting effect in the middle of a large peleton of riders is something else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.