Who are you currently obsessed with musically ?

It’s very odd. She’s not had the easiest life and seems quite messed up — she’s extraordinarily upfront about her perspective on many, many things but then seems overly sensitive when she rubs people the wrong way or creates controversy. How many times has she retired and then unretired — she just did it AGAIN last month. As I read that it sounds sexist but she so often seems to be searching for something and never quite finds it, like she’s that U2 song brought to life.
She’s a loon. Talented, but off her rocker.

Being a little controversial, but one artist who I currently love is Joni Mitchell. I honestly think that musically and lyrically she is better than Bob Dylan.

Please, don't think I am belittling Dylan - I appreciate he is one of the most important musicians of the 20th Century, even though I am not a fan of him. I love his songs when they are sung by other people! His influence though is undeniable. He is a genius, but I just don't like him singing :(

I just think Joni Mitchell's arrangements and voice are just sublime. Songs like Free Man In Paris, In France They Kiss On Main Street, Help Me, Coyote, Hejira etc - the lyrics, the bass, the production. Just wow. I wish I could write songs like that, or even be close to playing them! Never mind the lyrics. I honestly think I could just read the lyrics to Woodstock as a poem, just beautiful.

I do think when she passes on, a lot of people will realise what an unbelievable musician/poet she was. She has never truly got the accolades she deserves in my opinion and should be regarded as one of the greatest singer songwriters of all time.
Amen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.