Who can replace Leroy Sane?

I expect to see either Mendy or a new attacking left back next season and the the inverted wingers, thats the reason I’m not expecting us to buy a left footed / sided winger to replace Sane , expect us to see Jesus or Sterling on the left most often with the left back overlapping more than we have the last 2 seasons.
I don't think Mendy has the stamina since the injury to do that job, his crossing consistency has been shite as well since the injury. He's just a shadow of his Monaco days now, I hope he can recover physically but I just don't see it, let's hope I'm proved wrong because he's a brilliant attacking left back when he is at 100%.

I don't think Mendy has the stamina since the injury to do that job, his crossing consistency has been shite as well since the injury. He's just a shadow of his Monaco days now, I hope he can recover physically but I just don't see it, let's hope I'm proved wrong because he's a brilliant attacking left back when he is at 100%.
We’ll need to wait and see, but I expect whoever we bring in as left back cover / competition will have similar attacking strengths to Mendy , so I could be wrong in which case we would need a direct replacement, but if I ‘m right think we’ll stick to the inverted wingers, didn’t see the Arsenal game but the bits I saw Sterling seemed more central than a winger, not sure if width was coming from Mendy.

We’ll need to wait and see, but I expect whoever we bring in as left back cover / competition will have similar attacking strengths to Mendy , so I could be wrong in which case we would need a direct replacement, but if I ‘m right think we’ll stick to the inverted wingers, didn’t see the Arsenal game but the bits I saw Sterling seemed more central than a winger, not sure if width was coming from Mendy.
It didn't come from anywhere really, Mendy did push forward a bit but not enough to be considered an attacking threat in my opinion. Walker got forward once, again that was it.

Think all depends on CAS, where Pep sees Bernardo playing.

We potentially have Sterling, Silva, Mahrez, Jesus and Braaf

I could well see Aouar being brought with the idea of Silva staying on the wings.

If we win at CAS I hope we go big and after Sancho.

I think we are forgetting how poor mendy has been for a lot of games since he signed . He is not good enough for left back let alone left wing .

Does anyone fancy Hakim from Ajax? I know he is not a direct replacement and plays on the left wing but he is one good player

I think we are forgetting how poor mendy has been for a lot of games since he signed . He is not good enough for left back let alone left wing .
A fit Mendy is more than good enough, if he continues his improvement since Christmas through the summer games and stays fit next season , he’ll be great for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.