Who can replace Leroy Sane?

Hard to replace Sane and Silva. We will look back at the Centurions team as the best ever to play in England.
This is so true. It's not fantasy football. Teams like City in 17/18 only come together once in a lifetime. As fans we have to accept that and move on. After his injury Sane may never be as good as he was that season. It was a perfect storm of brilliance. I was at Southampton for the last minute 100 points winner from Gabby. We knew then we were witnessing history.

With the knee injury problems that he has now encountered, who knows whether he will actually regain that speed he was known for.
He seemed to still have it when they played Schalke, but maybe that's due to all the space they get to counter.

This is so true. It's not fantasy football. Teams like City in 17/18 only come together once in a lifetime. As fans we have to accept that and move on. After his injury Sane may never be as good as he was that season. It was a perfect storm of brilliance. I was at Southampton for the last minute 100 points winner from Gabby. We knew then we were witnessing history.
Makes the scouser CL debacle even more horrendous. Have there ever been so many one-eyed decisions in two games?

Sterling replaced him after the centurion season.

He is now our main Left Winger.
Same position, different roles. Sterling plays as an inverted forward and takes up a more central position on the left. Sane used to hug the touchline and stay out wide. Basically Mendy is taking over Sane's position in the final 3rd.

Same position, different roles. Sterling plays as an inverted forward and takes up a more central position on the left. Sane used to hug the touchline and stay out wide. Basically Mendy is taking over Sane's position in the final 3rd.
Mendy (when available) plays defence about as well as Sane - will give you that

Mendy (when available) plays defence about as well as Sane - will give you that
Mendy is actually worse IMO.

In this video about the 5:50 mark, it shows the work the wide players in Sterling and Sane did during the Centuriouns season. Now we have Mendy and Mahrez essentially on the wings who are slower and don't get back quick enough to help out. This along with the LB in Delph/Zinch who used to invert and sit next to the #6 Dinho, now we have Mendy high and wide leading to opposition counter attacking more effectively IMO.

A lot to pin on Torres, but I'm hoping he can take one of the spots out wide and be effective both going forward and helping to defend.

Last edited:
Yeah, compare that to Liverpool last season. If you look at the points total, it looks like they almost got to the same level. But then look across to the goal difference total and they're absolutely nowhere near. 52 compared to 79.

I understand, but how about Sane goals, assists, dribbling, key passes and all the offensive contribution ?

I think Pep hand it to Sterling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.