Who can replace Leroy Sane?

This is so true. It's not fantasy football. Teams like City in 17/18 only come together once in a lifetime. As fans we have to accept that and move on. After his injury Sane may never be as good as he was that season. It was a perfect storm of brilliance. I was at Southampton for the last minute 100 points winner from Gabby. We knew then we were witnessing history.

So was I what a day.

Stayed over the night before Southampton was a really good night out.

This lad is/was brilliant before his injury
I don't think we could replace him with whats out there at the moment he was just pure class

I understand, but how about Sane goals, assists, dribbling, key passes and all the offensive contribution ?

I think Pep hand it to Sterling.
Yes Pep has done a lot with Sterling, but overall we haven't been good enough with Mahrez and even Bernardo who cut inside from the right and don't provide a low cross for Sterling to tap in. Interestingly enough there is an article by Michael Cox in the athletic who talks about it as well. We are missing the winger who can get behind the defence and put in a cross. Hopefully Torres can be a part of this.

The wingers do tend to switch positions throughout a game and don't stay fixed to one side. I'd also like to see Sterling on the right more and someone like Kev or Rodri try chipped balls over the top for him to cut it back. I feel he's better with this on the right than the left.

This is so true. It's not fantasy football. Teams like City in 17/18 only come together once in a lifetime. As fans we have to accept that and move on. After his injury Sane may never be as good as he was that season. It was a perfect storm of brilliance. I was at Southampton for the last minute 100 points winner from Gabby. We knew then we were witnessing history.

Felt the same numerous times that season, it just clicked. Saints at home was good and the feeling in the away end at Huddersfield when we nicked it late. I remember stood there as the players came over at the end thinking "there will never be a City team as good as this again in my lifetime. Take it all in and never forget it". I miss the footy so much now tbh, in the long run it's going to do atmospheres the world of good though I think.

Yeah, compare that to Liverpool last season. If you look at the points total, it looks like they almost got to the same level. But then look across to the goal difference total and they're absolutely nowhere near. 52 compared to 79.
not to mention the penalty flop-a-roos, goalies chucking in the net, VAR "oversights" ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.