Who couldnt go today?

I was freezing my c**ck off and when the board went up with 5 extra minutes I thought your fookin kiddin! I wasn't alone as "were funkin freezin-we wanna go home" rang out around the stadium!

Jeeeez, a bit of snow and every bugger fills their pants, it was an inch of snow for gods sake, I saw numb heads walking to the ground in their trendy plimsoles which were wet through, no thought there of the conditions under foot.............................., but they went.
I can understand infirm, or people with disabilities maybe not going but dear me, able bodied not having the bottle to drive through a flurry of snow.....!!

I didn't go due to being in a disgusting state from the night before, didn't get in till well gone 9am and had spent upwards of £150, had I gone it would not of been a pretty sight...

It was bloody freezing.

I got the train in, which were running surprisingly well and on time.

I had a ticket for my grandad, but decided not to take him - he is 86.
I fell on my @ss twice...probably about 10 beers over the day didn't help with my problem staying on 2 feet!

Stretford Born Blue said:
Jeeeez, a bit of snow and every bugger fills their pants, it was an inch of snow for gods sake, I saw numb heads walking to the ground in their trendy plimsoles which were wet through, no thought there of the conditions under foot.............................., but they went.
I can understand infirm, or people with disabilities maybe not going but dear me, able bodied not having the bottle to drive through a flurry of snow.....!!

The slightest hill and the back wheel drive cars block it up. Rochdale Road was jammed solid with 1hr plus waits.

I wish more people had not gone, would have got home quicker.

Corky said:
Stretford Born Blue said:

The slightest hill and the back wheel drive cars block it up. Rochdale Road was jammed solid with 1hr plus waits.

I wish more people had not gone, would have got home quicker.

I made what turned out to be a wise decision to travel on the Supporters Club Coach rather than drive. Purely coincidental as I booked our seats 2 weeks ago so it was a big stroke of luck. Driving round the back streets after the match in those conditions musn't have been pleasant. Don't they send the gritters out in Manchester anymore ?

Rochdale Road was indeed an absolute nightmare (I thing the problem must have been at Blackley). Fortunately our Coach Driver managed to turn around and divert via Moston Lane otherwise we would have been stuck for a lot longer. Even then we didn't get home until 12.30 am and that's our normal time after an 8pm KO !!

I took two youngsters with me. Yes , it was cold and it took twice as long to get home as usual and had to ditch the car half a mile from home cos I couldnt get any closer, but we all enjoyed it and would do the same again next game if needed.

Thanks also to my Mrs who had a roast chicken dinner and homemade chocolate cake waiting for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.