Who else remembers those CITY bar scarves ?

That's mine, found it on eBay...https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/fondmoment ,nice 70's knitted bar scarfs.... what do you think? IMG_20210204_141404.jpg

Last edited:
That doesn't look like a City scarf to me. We had maroon trim, like the pic of the one Leto shown below your post.
Just another design... I'm a bit sure,I remember a few different options of those scarves (light blue White Marron stripes).....

My dad or grandad would always treat us to one of these every Easter when we would come up to stay a few weeks. Bought from the house which use to be a shop if my memory is correct, next the Maine Road. Just a counter not much on show in the 'shop' but we always got a new scarf.
My scarf was never washed once the season had started ! Unless we were shit and I need to wash away the bad luck ! Looking back it got washed alot lol

20210216_093809.jpg

My dad or grandad would always treat us to one of these every Easter when we would come up to stay a few weeks. Bought from the house which use to be a shop if my memory is correct, next the Maine Road. Just a counter not much on show in the 'shop' but we always got a new scarf.
My scarf was never washed once the season had started ! Unless we were shit and I need to wash away the bad luck ! Looking back it got washed alot lol

View attachment 10635

I have the very same scarf.
But my lucky one from the early 90’s is still in use. Manchester City, Maine Road, The Blues with a city badge at either end.
Funny it wasn’t that lucky when I bought it lol

View attachment 10635
Was the shop on Upper Lloyd Street

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.