Who is best placed to succeed this season?

alexmcity

Team supported
City
Imagine you don't support any of the top 6 teams and are trying to objectively evaluate their chances to have success this season.

What would be your pick?

The most obvious answer is Liverpool. But Liverpool have bad injuries to their 1st choice CBs and are already out of the league cup. Will they be able to effectively replace VVD this season? That's highly doubtful. They are an injury away to Matip (who is injury prone anyway) or Fabinho (who is not a proper CB, very much like Ferna) to be reduced to bare bones at CB, just like us last season. Jota is out for 2 months as well. They seem to be everything but injury free this season. And are not very consistent either, played poorly in half of their games.

Mourinho's Spurs? Ole's Manure? Lampard's Chelsea? Would you rate their chances higher than City's? Genuine question.

I'd say City are pretty well positioned right now with slowly but steadily improving our performances. When Aguero comes back we will have more options, competition and variety in attack. At some point our attacking play will click. Last season we scored 102 league goals! The quality is there. No reason to expect Kevin and Raz will remain below their best all season.

Current league standing is misleading. Our improvement and our potential to improve a lot more are going inder the radar now, including for many City fans and the pundits.

Nothing is guaranteed but we may be much better positioned to compete this season than many fans and pundits realise.

Last edited:
you don't support any of the top 6 teams and are trying to objectively evaluate their chances to have success this season.

What would be your pick?

The most obvious answer is Liverpool. But Liverpool have bad injuries to their 1st choice CBs and are already out of the league cup. Will they be able to effectively replace VVD this season? That's highly doubtful. They are an injury away to Matip (who is injury prone anyway) or Fabinho (who is not a proper CB, very much like Ferna) to be reduced to bare bones at CB, just like us last season. Jota is out for 2 months as well. They seem to be everything but injury free this season. And are not very consistent either, played poorly in half of their games.

Mourinho's Spurs? Ole's Manure? Lampard's Chelsea? Would you rate their chances higher than City's? Genuine question.

I'd say City are pretty well positioned right now with slowly but steadily improving our performances. When Aguero comes back we will have more options, competition and variety in attack. At some point our attacking play will click. Last season we scored 102 league goals! The quality is there. No reason to expect Kevin and Raz will remain below their best all season.

Current league standing is misleading. Our improvement and our potential to improve a lot more are going inder the radar now, including for many City fans and the pundits.

Nothing is guaranteed but we may be much better positioned to compete this season than many fans and pundits realise.
Moanio getting a decent tune out of spurs. Whether they can sustain it for the season only time will tell

you don't support any of the top 6 teams and are trying to objectively evaluate their chances to have success this season.

What would be your pick?

Anyone who has genuinely watched the premier league this season and isn’t bias will surely see the likes of Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool all look more threatening than city?

Now that’s not to say city won’t put in a title challenge IF we can turn around our form. But right now we are way off looking like a title winning side.

To be honest I said it from the start of the campaign I thought we’d finish 3rd this season. I did expect Liverpool to be further ahead though - injuries have definitely hampered them.

If I was to bet I’d still go for Liverpool 1st, Chelsea 2nd and us 3rd.

Moanio getting a decent tune out of spurs. Whether they can sustain it for the season only time will tell

Think they've been a bit lucky so far and are overachieving. Don't think they have enough options in defence and midfield for a proper title challenge. Would some City fans prefer to play like them and grind out results through Kane and Son? Doubt it. Plus they are in the EL....

Think they've been a bit lucky so far and are overachieving. Don't think they have enough options in defence and midfield for a proper title challenge. Would some City fans prefer to play like them and grind out results through Kane and Son? Doubt it. Plus they are in the EL....
Would love those two playing for us

Anyone who has genuinely watched the premier league this season and isn’t bias will surely see the likes of Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool all look more threatening than city?

Now that’s not to say city won’t put in a title challenge IF we can turn around our form. But right now we are way off looking like a title winning side.

To be honest I said it from the start of the campaign I thought we’d finish 3rd this season. I did expect Liverpool to be further ahead though - injuries have definitely hampered them.

If I was to bet I’d still go for Liverpool 1st, Chelsea 2nd and us 3rd.

We have played without a striker several games. Chelsea didn't look dangerous at OT btw. Overall Manure were the better team in that game. If we win our game in hand we are level with Chelsea while going through a really bad injury/covid crisis. The chance that Spurs will continue to outscore us with Mourinho there is quite slim.

Top four a realistic prospect if they can keep Son and Kane fit.
Liverpool have been badly hit by injury.
Chelsea have bought well but will need this season to adjust to so many incoming players.
That lot aren’t good enough and too inconsistent. If they lose Fernandes they will be in trouble and he can’t play every game.
Leicester/Everton have already started to fade.
The title is our for the taking if we can start scoring.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.