Who is the second target after Sanchez ?

Dax777 said:
The guy we need, and the guy most City fans would love to bits is Santi Carzola. I am shocked he is not getting any attention :?

This dude hustles like Tevez, but is technical like Silva, and has a long range shot like Balotelli. How he is not being talked about baffles me.

At Niall, Santi Carzola was the best player at Villareal last season, thus it is hard for Rossi to be the best player in la liga outside of Messaldo, if he is not even the best player on his own club. That award goes to my boy Carzola. Rossi is the Bale of Villaareal, and Carzola the Modric. Rossi is popular coz Barca wants him. Carzola is just simply the team's talisman.

Do not sleep on Santi folks, he is the best player we can realistically get.

We were interested in January, apparently.

Only seen him play once, and he reminded of Giuly a bit.

Juan Mata & Santi Carzola. That is all we need and we are set in midfield.
Below is a video of him agianst Lithuania. Pay attention to the chemistry with David Silva :) Always a plus when anyone can work with Prince David Silva :)

The beauty of his game is in his ambidexterity Uses either foot perfectly well. Can play on either wing, with utmost ease. Has a hustle mentality, and the vision of a SIlva. I am not Saying he is better than our Prince, coz no one is, but he is quite special.

And if we get him and Mata here we will run the table with Yaya and DeJong backing them up and Tevez ahead of them. Oh! He can cross better than anyone we have too. He is quick but not Lenon fast. So I guess the only box he doesn't tick, is the "Extreme Pace" box :( Not that I care. I think Pace is what uncreative teams use to make up for their lack of creativity. :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2798kgFJs7I&feature=related[/youtube]

Dax777 said:
The guy we need, and the guy most City fans would love to bits is Santi Carzola. I am shocked he is not getting any attention :?

This dude hustles like Tevez, but is technical like Silva, and has a long range shot like Balotelli. How he is not being talked about baffles me.

At Niall, Santi Carzola was the best player at Villareal last season, thus it is hard for Rossi to be the best player in la liga outside of Messaldo, if he is not even the best player on his own club. That award goes to my boy Carzola. Rossi is the Bale of Villaareal, and Carzola the Modric. Rossi is popular coz Barca wants him. Carzola is just simply the team's talisman.

Here you go again, your never wrong are you? You tell me why Barca want Rossi yet nobody wants Cazorla? Cazorla is a good player and hes come back from his broken leg better than he was before that but there are a lot of better players out there who we could get. Also Cazorla plays in the hole behind the striker or as the creative midfielder and we already have Silva and i know who i'd rather have.

niall_mcfc said:
Here you go again, your never wrong are you?
What has this got to do with me having an opinion that differs from yours? Some of you guys can take these things too personally for real.
You tell me why Barca want Rossi yet nobody wants Cazorla?
1) You don't know "nobody wants Carzola," if you google Carzola Transfer rumors there are many.
2) Just coz Barca wants Rossi doesn't tell us anything other than Barca has an opening he may fit.
Cazorla is a good player and hes come back from his broken leg better than he was before that but there are a lot of better players out there who we could get.
Well this is an opinion, but mine was based on 1) what his rumored cost was: around 20 million, 2) his Spanish nationality (i.e. increased chemistry with Silva) and 3) his added value of being a hustler defensively. You can choose to disagree. But it would be nice if you gave example and reasons rather than just "there are others"
]Also Cazorla plays in the hole behind the striker or as the creative midfielder and we already have Silva and i know who i'd rather have.
1) Silva seldom plays in the hole. Yaya did most of the time. Silva played more on either wing, even if he drifted. So on that you are wrong. He was not City's in the hole player and there is nothing suggesting he would take over the role.
2) Carzola started most of the games for Villareal either at RM or LM 23 games in all. Played as 12 games in the middle, of which only 2 in the hole as the AM. So yeah, he really wasn't playing as the AM. But yes like Silva is the creative force for CIty, he too is the creative force for Villareal.

It is not an issue of whether I am right or wrong, as there really is no right or wrong with opinions. However that said, there are knowledgeable opinions, and then there are loose opinions. Claiming Rossi was the best player outside of Messi and Ronaldo may be a loose opinion. unless you can give us a reason for holding it.No statistical basis supports it.

Based on average performances in each game, the following were as good or better than Rossi last season.

Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta, Gabi, Carzola, Alvez, Pedro, Busquet, Aguero, Marcelo, Alonzo and Ozil. Now this should not invalidate your eyeball test, assuming you eyeballed enough games on Rossi, and everyone else. But generally it is likely you didn't.

So, there you go. You be the judge :)

Dax777 said:

100% percent correct.
hes a class act

Dax777 said:
niall_mcfc said:
Here you go again, your never wrong are you?
What has this got to do with me having an opinion that differs from yours? Some of you guys can take these things too personally for real.
You tell me why Barca want Rossi yet nobody wants Cazorla?
1) You don't know "nobody wants Carzola," if you google Carzola Transfer rumors there are many.
2) Just coz Barca wants Rossi doesn't tell us anything other than Barca has an opening he may fit.
Cazorla is a good player and hes come back from his broken leg better than he was before that but there are a lot of better players out there who we could get.
Well this is an opinion, but mine was based on 1) what his rumored cost was: around 20 million, 2) his Spanish nationality (i.e. increased chemistry with Silva) and 3) his added value of being a hustler defensively. You can choose to disagree. But it would be nice if you gave example and reasons rather than just "there are others"
]Also Cazorla plays in the hole behind the striker or as the creative midfielder and we already have Silva and i know who i'd rather have.
1) Silva seldom plays in the hole. Yaya did most of the time. Silva played more on either wing, even if he drifted. So on that you are wrong. He was not City's in the hole player and there is nothing suggesting he would take over the role.
2) Carzola started most of the games for Villareal either at RM or LM 23 games in all. Played as 12 games in the middle, of which only 2 in the hole as the AM. So yeah, he really wasn't playing as the AM. But yes like Silva is the creative force for CIty, he too is the creative force for Villareal.

It is not an issue of whether I am right or wrong, as there really is no right or wrong with opinions. However that said, there are knowledgeable opinions, and then there are loose opinions. Claiming Rossi was the best player outside of Messi and Ronaldo may be a loose opinion. unless you can give us a reason for holding it.No statistical basis supports it.

Based on average performances in each game, the following were as good or better than Rossi last season.

Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta, Gabi, Carzola, Alvez, Pedro, Busquet, Aguero, Marcelo, Alonzo and Ozil. Now this should not invalidate your eyeball test, assuming you eyeballed enough games on Rossi, and everyone else. But generally it is likely you didn't.

So, there you go. You be the judge :)

So your saying there isnt a right or wrong but you are right and im wrong? Contradicting yourself a bit there arent you. I watched nearly every Villarreal game that was on sky last season so no i didnt watch every game Rossi played but i saw enough games to see that it wasnt just a one off. One game that sticks out is away to Sevilla. He ran that game from start to finish despite them losing 3-2 which was basically down to Garrido selecting a weakened team.

I dont have to bring up stats to back up what i said because what i saw with my own eyes was good enough. Nowhere in my original post did i say that Rossi scored more goals or created more, what i said was that he was the best player. By this i mean the player that made Villarreal tick and the player that stood out as being head and shoulders above the rest.

Im not someone who will scower the internet looking for stats because id much rather watch games and see who has the biggest impact rather than someone who passes the ball more than anyone else which you seem to obsessed with.

I believe that Rossi would be a much better signing than Cazorla but im not saying im right. I hope we sign both and we get to see who was right and who was wrong but i doubt it will happen.

Hulk has to be an option he plays the same role as sanchez. I'd love Mata but I wouldn't class him as a second option if we missed out on Sanchez.

I feel we should get his name right first: Santi CAZORLA.

He would be great if he could provide enough support on the right wing. If he plays centrally, I see better alternatives (even though they may be pricier).

niall_mcfc said:
So your saying there isnt a right or wrong but you are right and im wrong? Contradicting yourself a bit there arent you.
Well here you are wrong, coz factually speaking, I did not say I was right and you were wrong. So concluding I contradicted myself based on something you misread, or misinterpreted is really all on you. I never anything about you being wrong. Just stated that while opinions are just that, reverence should be given to evidenced opinions, as opposed to those without. That in itself too is an opinion. But I believe your response below suggests it is an opinion you agree with.
I watched nearly every Villarreal game that was on sky last season so no i didnt watch every game Rossi played but i saw enough games to see that it wasnt just a one off. One game that sticks out is away to Sevilla. He ran that game from start to finish despite them losing 3-2 which was basically down to Garrido selecting a weakened team.
Now, I don't doubt you believe Rossi is great and that you watched him. I think he is fantastic too, but watching all Vilareal games you could find might be enough to conclude Rossi is fantastic, it is not enough to conclude no one else but Messi and Ronaldo are better! To do that, you'd have to have seen more than just Rossi, but many of the other great players who are similarly fantastic.

I dont have to bring up stats to back up what i said because what i saw with my own eyes was good enough.
Yes it is good enough for you to conclude Rossi is great. Something no one has an issue with, or did you see me write anywhere that Rossi was not great? The question is whether he was better than everyone else. That is the claim you made, and the claim that needs supporting.
Nowhere in my original post did i say that Rossi scored more goals or created more, what i said was that he was the best player. By this i mean the player that made Villarreal tick and the player that stood out as being head and shoulders above the rest.
And I am telling you In my opinion Santi Carzola stood out more in most games. Sure Rossi scored the great goals, but Carzola made the key plays. And on his day was close to superb. For example, I remember him running the show against Real Sociedad

Im not someone who will scower the internet looking for stats because id much rather watch games and see who has the biggest impact rather than someone who passes the ball more than anyone else which you seem to obsessed with
Actually my obsession is with accuracy. I ball test doesn't work long term. Your opinion of Rossi could easily be based on 2 games of excellence, and it will poison your judgment. I watch as many games as you, perhaps more, but I view the stats to make sure my perception is not simply a function of bias, towards or against a performance. That is why I "scower" for stats. Yes, I am obsessed with accuracy in evaluations. And I hope to God the City staff is too.
I believe that Rossi would be a much better signing than Cazorla but im not saying im right. I hope we sign both and we get to see who was right and who was wrong but i doubt it will happen.
Now, this is a opinion that is great, as it is predictive. No one can question an opiniion on projection, however I could make my own projection too. And you shouldn't get angry about it :) Like i have said already,it is just an opinion.

Since I can't make a new thread im going to put this here for what it's worth.
We are currently in the very early stages of discussion with Barca over David Villa and it was Barca who contacted us rather than us chasing the player.

I am not sure how I feel about it personally, he is a quality player but the money involved I would imagine will be huge coupled with his age, maybe im spoiled but the possibility leaves me a bit underwhelmed.

This is not one of them "my uncles gardeners former room-mate knows a member of our medical staff so heres a cryptic youtube video to threadnaught over" thing.
The information is 100% certain and I thought it interesting enough to share with fellow blues.

We haven't met with the player or his agent, we have not offered or agreed a fee with Barca. The clubs are simply discussing the possibility at this moment in time though currently all involved parties appear keen apparently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.