Who is the second target after Sanchez ?

niall_mcfc said:
Dax777 said:
BlueJill said:
Mata, Hazard, and Lukaku (assuming Tevez stays) and a left back (or Vertonghen). Sell our dead wood and we are done.

All would be relatively cheap (except Hazard), we would have cover for De jong, Silva, Kolarov, a great 4th striker and speed on the wings. The best young squad in the world.
I am with you on Mata, Hazard and Vertonghen. Lukaku I really think is overkill. We have 3 players who occupy that 1 position already. Sure balo can play some in attacking mid, but a 4th striker will at best get 4 to 6 games all season in the prem. That seems wasteful for someone of Lukaku's talents. Better off with Jo or some EDS player getting those few minutes.

Id much rather we got an older experienced striker to play the back up role rather than Jo. We dont have anyone in the eds side now Guidetti has gone. I would have loved Van Nistelrooy here as that goal poacher who we can bring on when we need a goal. There arent many around that are available with RVN going to Malaga, Klose to Lazio and Pipo Inzaghi signing a new contract at AC.
I mentioned Calceido coming back on another thread. Statistically (I know you hate it when I do that :P) he was the 2nd most clinical finisher in Europe last season. At least in the top 5 leagues. Now that is a player we should bring back to replace Jo. Experienced, knows the City and club well, and has gone abroad to hone what seems to be a very good striking skill :)

BlueJill said:
niall_mcfc said:
So after the season Silvas has had you would make him play 2nd fiddle to Mata who would be in his first season in the prem? Think you have got that wrong tbh and i would have Mata as 1st choice left winger, Silva in the hole behind Balo. Also id keep Yaya in there instead of Milner. I understand you are a Milner fan but nobody with a footballing brain and who watched us last year would suggest dropping Yaya for Milner.

I think the three players playing behind the striker would all float back and forth so the positioning is somewhat arbitrary. I don't accept the concept of a 1st choice left winger. With the kind of talent I listed all are 1st choice. Its called squad rotation...something we couldn't do last year.

Speaking of football brains if you have Mario up top where do you fit Dzeko. We just going to let him ride the bench?

Finally, how can you make any statement about Milner having not seen him play in his natural position. Yaya can play DM, Milner cannot (or shouldn't).

First of all you have Mata playing 40 games in the cam position and Silva playing 20. That would indicate that Mata is your 1st choice in the position. Also you think that there shouldnt be a 1st choice for a position or am i reading that wrong? Seems a bit silly imo, if you keep changing the team it wont help.

We could rotate last season and we did. Ok we didnt rotate man for man because our squad wasnt big/good enough but no team has the personel to do that.

I'll tell you where Dzeko will be, warming the bench. You might rate him but i dont so thats where i'd have him and i mentioned about the footballing brain because Yaya actually had a good season and so did Mario yet Dzeko was awful.

Ive seen Milner play in his 'natural' position plenty of times for Villa and he played well but hes nowhere near as good as Yaya. Yes Yaya can play in the holding role but i'd rather have NDJ there and then play Yaya as the box to box midfielder.<br /><br />-- Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:38 am --<br /><br />
Dax777 said:
niall_mcfc said:
Dax777 said:
I am with you on Mata, Hazard and Vertonghen. Lukaku I really think is overkill. We have 3 players who occupy that 1 position already. Sure balo can play some in attacking mid, but a 4th striker will at best get 4 to 6 games all season in the prem. That seems wasteful for someone of Lukaku's talents. Better off with Jo or some EDS player getting those few minutes.

Id much rather we got an older experienced striker to play the back up role rather than Jo. We dont have anyone in the eds side now Guidetti has gone. I would have loved Van Nistelrooy here as that goal poacher who we can bring on when we need a goal. There arent many around that are available with RVN going to Malaga, Klose to Lazio and Pipo Inzaghi signing a new contract at AC.
I mentioned Calceido coming back on another thread. Statistically (I know you hate it when I do that :P) he was the 2nd most clinical finisher in Europe last season. At least in the top 5 leagues. Now that is a player we should bring back to replace Jo. Experienced, knows the City and club well, and has gone abroad to hone what seems to be a very good striking skill :)

I forgot about big phil but ye i agree he was brillaint at Levante last season and is miles better than Jo. I somehow dont think he will be next season though. Levante have the option to buy him on the cheap and it looks like they are going to do that and then sell him on to make a large profit.

When he was signed he looked to big and clumsy but watching him last season it looks like hes slimmed down and looks half a yard quicker. But like a said i think his chance at City has gone and we could regret letting him go as he could prove to be vital with the champs league ahead this season.

Lets give Carlos some company up front and go for Aguero - young and hopefully hungry for success and a class player.

BlueJill said:
Dax777 said:

Yeah point taken...I really just want him for the future...I really wish Tevez would just fuck off. He could work, however, as a regular sub a la AJ. From what I have read, he is willing to play that role for the next season or two if he could do it at a big club. Give him 20 minutes every other game or so...that would be a fair amount of playing time for an 18 year old.

Also, if Tevez does stay I think we have to play Balo out on the left almost exclusively (assuming we stick to a 4-2-3-1).

My rotation would be:

ST:
Dzeko 40 Games
Tevez 20 Games

LW:
Balo 40 Games
Silva 20 Games

CAM:
Mata 40 Games
Silva 20 Games

RW:
Hazard 40 Games
Tevez 20 Games

Box to Box:
Milner 40 Games (Yes I am a Milner fan and think he will shine in his natural position)
Yaya 20 Games

DM:
De jong 40 Games
Yaya 20 Games

Barry takes Viera's role
Viera turns coach.

Bring AJ and Lukaku on as subs regularly. That is a fierce front six.
I think in the end injury and form will sort these things out. The key is to have the players that can perform at a championship calibre level. Which I believe Mata, Hazard, Cazorla and Pastore can. So if any 2 of those are brought in, our attacking midfield area will have 6 - 7 players who can effectively play in those roles. My suspicion is that the 2 new guys will join Silva in the AM roles (and by AM I mean all 3 positions in the (4231) system as starters. Where each will line up will be a matter of Mancini's feel for what they do.<br /><br />-- Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:44 pm --<br /><br />
mr t said:
Lets give Carlos some company up front and go for Aguero - young and hopefully hungry for success and a class player.
If we are gonna go to 2 strikers, it would probably be one of Balo or Dzeko. Another striker is quite unlikely unless Tevez leaves. Or so i think.

niall_mcfc said:
First of all you have Mata playing 40 games in the cam position and Silva playing 20. That would indicate that Mata is your 1st choice in the position.

Again all those players can float across the field. What position they start in doesn't really matter. The fact they all can play left right and center is an advantage that would wreak havoc on defenses. So no, Mata is not my first choice in that position. As I said with the caliber player I listed you don't have first choices.

niall_mcfc said:
I'll tell you where Dzeko will be, warming the bench. You might rate him but i dont so thats where i'd have him and i mentioned about the footballing brain because Yaya actually had a good season and so did Mario yet Dzeko was awful.

You are writing off a German golden boot winner after half a season in a new league? You certainly do have quite the football brain. After that statement, I don't think you are really worth the time.

BlueJill said:
niall_mcfc said:
First of all you have Mata playing 40 games in the cam position and Silva playing 20. That would indicate that Mata is your 1st choice in the position.

Again all those players can float across the field. What position they start in doesn't really matter. The fact they all can play left right and center is an advantage that would wreak havoc on defenses. So no, Mata is not my first choice in that position. As I said with the caliber player I listed you don't have first choices.

niall_mcfc said:

You are writing off a German golden boot winner after half a season in a new league? You certainly do have quite the football brain. After that statement, I don't think you are really worth the time.

Haha what a twat. What hes done in the past means nothing now. Hes too slow for the prem and his touch is awful. If we lose Tevez and Mancini doesnt get a replacement and relies on Dzeko then theres no chance we will win a trophy or get in the top 4.

niall_mcfc said:
What hes done in the past means nothing now.

Actually what he has done in the past is a pretty good indicator of what he can do in the future. Are you a teenager or are you just stupid?

PMSL! Too slow for the Premier League. Hahaha, this is like my son trying asking me to play Fifa with him only to destroy me with the turbo speed button.

Van Nistelrooy anyone?

BlueJill said:
niall_mcfc said:
What hes done in the past means nothing now.

Actually what he has done in the past is a pretty good indicator of what he can do in the future. Are you a teenager or are you just stupid?

I dont care what he did in the past. I only care about what he does for City and so far thats nothing. Ive seen nothing over the past 6 months that is going to think i'll be changing my mind in the future. 5+ years ago you could get away with being slow in the prem like Van Nistelrooy but now you cant. Defenders are half a yard quicker these days, imo Dzeko will struggle to get 10+ goals next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.