Who loves this time of year?

Just think it is mate sorry.
I hate it with a passion have done for a long time. The traffic is shit, weather is always shit and the city centre is all about building flats and properties for the rich.
May be it's me being depressed as I lost both of my parents now and I'm still young but apart from City I've never ever liked Manchester as a place.
You have so many nice places to visit within 30-60 minutes, and there's plenty of great places in the city centre anyway.

I do, but as I've got older I've learned to love something about every season. Admittedly, Winter is getting tiresome by February but I even like that month because I can see snowdrops and early plant growth showing that Spring is just around the corner.

I'm definitely with worsleyweb on this one, I absolutely cannot stand the summer. I get far too hot and sweat much quicker than others. As a runner too, people just fucking insist on being outside, just get the fuck out of my way everywhere I bloody go! Worst time of the year for me is when the clocks go forward. LOVE it when it gets dark at 4.30, cold cosy dark nights, winter food, winter films, snow if we're lucky, and oh my god the sunsets can be superb. Oh and men in fucking flip flops....have they no shame?

I'm definitely with worsleyweb on this one, I absolutely cannot stand the summer. I get far too hot and sweat much quicker than others. As a runner too, people just fucking insist on being outside, just get the fuck out of my way everywhere I bloody go! Worst time of the year for me is when the clocks go forward. LOVE it when it gets dark at 4.30, cold cosy dark nights, winter food, winter films, snow if we're lucky, and oh my god the sunsets can be superb. Oh and men in fucking flip flops....have they no shame?
We had a good summer last year, I really loved it. This year has been pretty shit really. Too many cold days of heavy rain and wind.
The seasons are almost blended together, the contrast of summer to winter was stark as a kid. Long hot summers and cold snowy winters. I don't mind crisp snow on a winter's day. But the weather we had in July was gloomy and depressing. Only difference to winter is it's warmer with longer days.

I don’t like it when it’s too hot. You’ve no energy to do anything and sweat buckets.

Mrs Ewing and I drove down to Rouen, stayed in a place twinned with Workington (yer have to push the boat out now and then!), full air-con going down, dashboard showing 42C and when we get out of the car it felt like the equivalent of twenty indoor public swimming baths' atmospheres dumped on our heads. Can't operate in that kind of place! I like a nice WARM English Summer's day, all year round, 20C to 23C-ish!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.