Who now then?...

I assume we'll use Delph as a DM when Fern is too knackered/suspended. Not a bad option to have. If we'd only just signed Delph today everyone would be getting giddy saying we'd win everything now we had cover for Fern - seeing as we now have Mendy back and Delph can play his natural position then I reckon it's as good as a new signing.
Do we have a dedicated backup LB?

Back up/Replacement for Fern will have to happen in one lf the next two windows. However, always fancied Stones as a DM, with Laporte and Vinny/Otamendi as the CBs.

if we were able to get him in the next couple of windows that would be great, truth is having our window shut so early was fucking stupid

No chance whatsoever of getting him in January, unless PSG fall flat on their arse in the champions league - which whilst a juicy thought is pretty unlikely.

No chance whatsoever of getting him in January, unless PSG fall flat on their arse in the champions league - which whilst a juicy thought is pretty unlikely.
if they get weigl that could be a different story

The sad reality is that if we need anyone in January it is because Fernandinho gets long term injury as per our usual luck and none of our other options are working out.

Which if it is true means we will get fleeced for anyone.

So I don't see us rushing in January to overpay given we have not considered that with other options. We are not desperate any more. We will take our time and get the right player.

And I hope we keep that from ALL the journalists and sources because agents will otherwise just use competition as a way to push up prices.

We paid in the end for Mahrez exactly the right price we would have paid for him in January had Leicester not stuck to a far too high figure. Our tactics were perfectly right as events proved.

Doubt we will be panic buying anyone for inflated prices. Not our style and under Pep not necessary.

The sad reality is that if we need anyone in January it is because Fernandinho gets long term injury as per our usual luck and none of our other options are working out.

So I don't see us rushing in January to overpay given we have not considered that with other options. We are not desperate any more. We will take our time and get the right player.

And I hope we keep that from ALL the journalists and sources because agents will otherwise just use competition as a way to push up prices.

We paid in the end for Mahrez exactly the right price we would have paid for him in January had Leicester not stuck to a far too high figure. Our tactics were perfectly right as events proved.

Doubt we will be panic buying anyone for inflated prices. Not our style and under Pep not necessary.

We'll get fleeced regardless mate. Its like the full back situation last summer, any club we deal with knows we strive to have two players for every position and we currently don't and even if Fern continue to be seemingly bionic and doesn't decline he's still not getting any younger. Add to that our very specific criteria for a defensive mid and you hand all the power to the seller in negotiations.

Everyone seems to know as soon as we scout a player as well, so its very difficult to keep anything under raps in the press.

Fernandinho is 34 next May mate. Any selling club will see that and set price accordingly, unless someone like Claudio Gomes surprises everybody with his progression, then we will get fleeced anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.