Who Remembers Thread

When I was a kid we had a long brass toasting-fork for toasting bread infront of the coal fire.
Anyone got one now?

Been twenty plus years since I lived somewhere with an open fire. Yes, we had a brass toasting fork (three pronged), as well as a poker and a small shovel.

My abiding memory of open fires was the dogs apparent preference to sit as close as possible. They'd quite happily have sat four inches away from the blazing 1000 degrees, if you'd have let them.

Been twenty plus years since I lived somewhere with an open fire. Yes, we had a brass toasting fork (three pronged), as well as a poker and a small shovel.

My abiding memory of open fires was the dogs apparent preference to sit as close as possible. They'd quite happily have sat four inches away from the blazing 1000 degrees, if you'd have let them.
We had a rescue greyhound that would lie stretched out on the rug in front of the coal fire, couldn't be moved but wouldn't sleep inside overnight, always went outside to her shed and her straw bed at bedtime.

We had a rescue greyhound that would lie stretched out on the rug in front of the coal fire, couldn't be moved but wouldn't sleep inside overnight, always went outside to her shed and her straw bed at bedtime.
Greyhound you say...If it slept all day it probably ran to somewhere like Wales overnight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.