New striker?

Shearer's analysis on MOTD was spot on. We had no one making those number 9 runs into scoring positions so had to turn back. And the chances we did create were often wasted. A good number 9 who gets in the right positions would score plenty.

However, one change we can make is for our midfield players to be smarter at identifying the space centrally in order to have a chance to score. The Sterling pass across the face of goal for example...Bernardo checked his run when if he had have kept running into the box he would have had a tap in (might have scored it this time!).

Torres remains the best at getting into those positions and scoring. Sterling just lacks the confidence and/or ability to take a shot when he has a chance, always looking to take too many touches and check back onto his right foot when a left footed shot is on. Gundogan would have made a difference this week getting into those scoring areas.

He’s probably not near enough the finished article for us, but there’s just something about River Plate’s Julian Alvarez that intrigues me. I know Ajax want him and apparently Villa, too, and he’s almost certainly bound for Europe soon. He’s been a winger but is starting to fill out and has the physical strength and that low centre of gravity that helps to play through the middle. Got a brace in the Superclasico yesterday and now has 7 in 11 in the league this season. Call me nostalgic but I do miss having an Argentinian in the team.

I believe Delap will score lots of goals in this side, once he's fit and gets some game time.
His contribution could be enough to get us over the line this season.
But I still think we need a world class striker for next season in what could be Peps final one

I believe Delap will score lots of goals in this side, once he's fit and gets some game time.
His contribution could be enough to get us over the line this season.
But I still think we need a world class striker for next season in what could be Peps final one
He’s still only 18 but hasn’t managed ninety minutes of football at any level this season. Needs to get fit and stay fit if he’s even going to make to the fringes of the first team. We can but hope.

He’s still only 18 but hasn’t managed ninety minutes of football at any level this season. Needs to get fit and stay fit if he’s even going to make to the fringes of the first team. We can but hope.

A fit delap yesterday could have come on and at least in the last 10 minutes put himself about? He’s a throw back to a proper English centre forward who can actually score goals? Not just a flat track bully but someone who will put himself about and the ball in the net?

A fit delap yesterday could have come on and at least in the last 10 minutes put himself about? He’s a throw back to a proper English centre forward who can actually score goals? Not just a flat track bully but someone who will put himself about and the ball in the net?
Agreed, he has the makings of that, but there’s still a physical step up from the level he’s been accustomed to and the men playing in the top league. The new contract shows we recognize his potential, so hopefully he’ll enjoy the same sort of development Foden enjoyed.

He’s probably not near enough the finished article for us, but there’s just something about River Plate’s Julian Alvarez that intrigues me. I know Ajax want him and apparently Villa, too, and he’s almost certainly bound for Europe soon. He’s been a winger but is starting to fill out and has the physical strength and that low centre of gravity that helps to play through the middle. Got a brace in the Superclasico yesterday and now has 7 in 11 in the league this season. Call me nostalgic but I do miss having an Argentinian in the team.

Class goal he scored in that video

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.