New striker?

That's not how it works though is it?

Pep had Messi at his goalscoring best from 2009-2012 (when his goalscoring form exploded) in a dominant Barcelona side alongside Henry and Villa. They created a tonne of chances, and certainly didn't win every game.

Pep had Lewandowski and Muller in a dominant Bayern side, they certainly didn't win every game. Not one CL.

At City Pep has had a top level Aguero starting in teams that create a boatload of chances per game, and we definitely haven't won every game with him in the side.

I mean, just recently we went on a 21 game winning streak, beating every other top 6 side in the process. Without a stereotypical forward or a super clinical player up front.

I'm not arguing against a lethal striker, but the idea a lethal striker would magically change everything is far too oversimplified.

Pep did not let Müller work behind Lewy in the first away matches of the CL final stage - where Müller usually started his matches. Lewy has scored 90% or more of his open play goals in the final stages with Müller as 10/second striker...

He changed that in the home matches when we needed goals - but that was not enough to come from behind in the matches against the Spanish teams we met in that years.

Patson Daka 20 goals 5 assists in 18 games, scores every 60 minutes, very similar to Haaland. Could be a decent low cost low risk signing.

Patson Daka 20 goals 5 assists in 18 games, scores every 60 minutes, very similar to Haaland. Could be a decent low cost low risk signing.
To be fair he’s 2 years Haaland’s senior and doesn’t have anywhere near the record Haaland had / has in the Champions League.

Maybe not to be our new shiny superstar striker, but what about Calvert-Lewin? Just turned 24 and has had a brilliant season. His contract runs until 2025 though, so I assume he would cost quite a lot, with the English premium added and all.

Maybe not to be our new shiny superstar striker, but what about Calvert-Lewin? Just turned 24 and has had a brilliant season. His contract runs until 2025 though, so I assume he would cost quite a lot, with the English premium added and all.

Done well but nowhere near good enough for us.

Please no.... hard working player with a reasonable eye for goal but a right diving cheating bastard. If we get Haarland I’m hoping the Rags panic and blow a fortune on Calvert Lewin or Harry Hotspur.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.