New striker?

I don't see us signing a striker this season. I think we will go with what we have now and approach this in winter or next year.

With 4 days to go it will only be a panic buy and we don't do panic buys so we need to let this one go for now

That’s what we did last season
And still scored 10 more than any other team. Not as good as our usual high standards, admittedly. Normally it'd be 30 more than anyone else.

What I was hoping for was one of those signings that flies a little under the radar, like someone who wasn't known for goalscoring who comes in and is lethal. Kinda like Salah or Henry. But I guess both of those clubs also signed shitloads of dross trying to get that one gem over the years.

But yeah, I'd love Torres or Delap to burst onto the scene as a reliable striker. But I honestly can't see it. Torres maybe, but I can't see an 18 year-old with three senior appearances suddenly turning into a world class striker. It'd be great to see him getting a few more opportunities though, like when we're 5-0 up against Norwich, for example. Was he injured or just not selected for that one?

I don't see us signing a striker this season. I think we will go with what we have now and approach this in winter or next year.

With 4 days to go it will only be a panic buy and we don't do panic buys so we need to let this one go for now
Why don’t we just officially bid £150 million for Kane to at least show we have some bollox and then it’s in levy’s hands because I can’t accept we never officially bidded for a guy we chased all summer .

Why don’t we just officially bid £150 million for Kane to at least show we have some bollox and then it’s in levy’s hands because I can’t accept we never officially bidded for a guy we chased all summer .
Levy didn't even want to talk to us from the beginning. We never actually made a single bid as far as I know, they shut us down before we even started talking. When we said we are ready to bid 150 million, he said 160 million and not for sale!

It was a lost cause and Kane honestly has a bad agent who didn't do anything

Benzema anyone...yes he's 33 and yes his buyout is £1bn....but he's good mates with Mahrez, Pep thinks he's great and they need cull the wage bill if they're serious about Mbappe. Plus Madrid have admiring eyes over both Bernardo and LaPorte which gives great leverage..Maybe a 2 yr contact with extra year option is doable?

I think we should deffo look in the market for short term experienced strikers.

rags did not do too bad with Cavani or Atletico with Suarez. Suarez pretty much won the league for Atletico.
Cavani is still levels above the likes of Rashford and Martial imo who were so hyped by rag media.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.