Next Captain

Am I the only one who's absolutely bewildered as to why Laporte's name always gets mentioned in these discussions? Is it just because he's a CB? When has he ever shown leadership skills? He's known for being a bit aloof in the dressing room and we're literally currently looking for a leader to partner him with because apparently he can't organise the backline himself lmao
Don't get it either.
Me it's Kev, Walker, Sterling, Dihno / Aguero (Seniority choices), then Gundogan. Which will piss many off. Lol

Think we're working on the Club Captain (Fern) and Game Captain (Kev) theory.
Assuming we're not signing a right sided CB, it may well be that Fernandhino will play a lot more than some of you assume (not supporting that here), and he's the better leader right now.

Much as he's been brilliant for us, I don't think he's good enough to do this now either, and we should be looking at signing a right sided CB ASAP, but we are where we are, we might not be doing, as there's a great deal of uncertainty over the next 12 months.

I don't think he is a natural leader, although I totally agree he is well respected. He is a consummate professional.

This is the same as the mistake of making Dave Captain. Both he and Dihno are fantastic individuals and legends. But they are not Captains. Kevin clearly is.

Sometimes, one needs to just skip seniority and simply let the person who best fits the job do it.

Anyway, I don't think it matters. Kev will be the de facto captain most of the time anyway. As I don't expect Dihno to play significant minutes.

He's about as natural as they come IMO. In the same mould as Vinny.

If Pep wants to sack the two CDM snails off and put Fern back in his rightful place every game, I have no issues with him being captain. However, this is highly unlikely to happen.

Fern has been a wonderful player for us but I do not agree with picking a captain, who is unlikely to be playing every week. I said the same last year when Dave was made captain. When the chips are down and the other players are looking to the captain for leadership, I would prefer they weren't looking to the guy who has been sat on the bench for the past 4 games.

There was one choice for captain and that was KDB, the guy leads by example every single week and should be wearing the armband in the official capacity and not just because Fern is on the bench again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.