Next Captain

That was completely different. Vinny didnt play every week because of injuries and you cant legislate for that. Nobody was in any doubts though that a fit Vinny played every single week and was most definitely the correct pick for captain.

He didn't though. Guardiola kept him out of the starting line-up many times towards the back end when he was fit.

If KDB is going to find himself wearing the armband most weeks, he should have been made captain. I don't think the captains armband should be given as a token gesture. In my opinion, you identify who you believe to be your main players and then pick the captain from them. I cant think of too many successful sides in recent times where their captain has been someone you wouldn't consider a regular starter when fit. Its clear that Pep doesn't value the captaincy in the same way and when you have managed a dominant Barca and Bayern, I guess it doesn't matter too much but unfortunately we are not a dominant force at the moment. If picking the appropriate captain was to give us just 1% extra, it would be worth it.
The players picked him as they did with dave,it is not about pep, he trusts them to pick who they want to follow, he is a good choice

Very happy for him.

A man who paid millions out of his own back pocket to fund a move to City.

What a career he's had and he'll end it joining the company of Puyol, Lahm, Kompany and Silva in captaining a Pep Guardiola team.
Well said.

Obviously it's early days but from the little we've seen of Ruben Dias, he looks like a genuinely natural leader. I doubt he'll be getting the armband anytime soon but long term I think he could be a candidate.

Obviously it's early days but from the little we've seen of Ruben Dias, he looks like a genuinely natural leader. I doubt he'll be getting the armband anytime soon but long term I think he could be a candidate.
This is starting to look more and more like the obvious decision to take.

You don't have to wear the armband to be a leader. Kev has earned the right to be club captain, but Dias is a natural leader. I love him, always talking , encouraging and high fiving after tackles and blocks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.