Next Captain

Didn't KdB say he didn't want to be captain?

KdB carried us and led by example so many times, I'd still keep him as captain when Dinho leaves. The man deserves that much instead of outright stripping the captaincy from him. If KdB doesn't want the extra responsibility anymore, we should give the armband to Dias.

It has to be KDB. His length of service, high level of performance and he's already a leader on the pitch. Dias is the sort of player who doesn't need an armband to lead. We've seen that already this season.

When Fernandinho comes on KDB keeps the arm band. It seems more of a ceremonial thing at City.

It has to be KDB. His length of service, high level of performance and he's already a leader on the pitch. Dias is the sort of player who doesn't need an armband to lead. We've seen that already this season.
I disagree. De Bruyne leads by example on the pitch but isn't a natural captain who can command the troops like Dias is doing. De Bruyne gets a strop on far as too easily when things go aren't going right. Dias seems a natural born leader and instills confidence and belief in the team, particularly in defence which I think CB is the perfect position to see the game from.

KDB seems too stroppy at times to have the armband. Even over little things like a misplaced pass. In contrast, Dias picks people up after a mistake and encourages them. He has already had a transformative effect on the team, both tangibly and intangibly. He is a born leader and it would be a mistake to opt for KDB over him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.