Next Captain

Ruben for many years to come.
Leaders shut the door on opposition and can see the game from a good viewing position.
Yes Kev is our best player, but our leader should be ready to break bones for the cause and i think this geezer is

I am very much of the opinion that if you have a world class centre back who is a natural leader they should always be first pick. The whole team is infront of them and will be able to hear and follow their instructions. I think the creative players should be left to do just that and usually don't make the best captains as it can be more of a distraction.
The obvious candidate is Ruben Dias for the next few years and as soon as he has properly bedded I think he should be given it which should be the next 12 - 18 months.
Yes. See Vincent, Billy Wright, Bobby Moore, Tony Adams, John Terry.. Not all attractive characters, but successful captains.

Interesting bit of info from Gaughan's new Dias interview in the mail....
Given that Fernandinho rarely starts these days and KDB is injured for the foreseeable, I wonder who'll wear the armband for the next few weeks. If Gundogan, Sterling and Walker are the other three in the leadership group then that suggests it'll be one of them but I'd like to see Dias in the role for the next month or so.

Given that Fernandinho rarely starts these days and KDB is injured for the foreseeable, I wonder who'll wear the armband for the next few weeks. If Gundogan, Sterling and Walker are the other three in the leadership group then that suggests it'll be one of them but I'd like to see Dias in the role for the next month or so.
Out of those 3 it’s an easy decision - Gundo all day

Sterling couldn’t lead himself to the toilet at the moment. He has to be consistent and be more clinical in-front of goal.
Walker is too unpredictable.
Gundogan, I think he seems to be enjoying his game and flourishing without the burden of being captain.

Dias I believe would relish this and be a real asset.

Dias would be my choice. Young but, on current showings, an ever-present with obvious organisation skills, maturity, commitment and playing in a position that offers a good vantage point.

KDB’s brilliant but not sure he’s s a natural leader and he’s often out with injury.

Laporte would be a strong runner if and when he can win his regular place back. Unlucky with injuries though.

Stones has had his own issues, is barely back in the side and I’ve not seen any great evidence of leadership skills.

I think it's an easy decision already....give it to Ruben at the end of the season as I feel he'll be even better with the responsibilty as he seems to enjoy it....let the others be free to express themselves!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.