Penalty Taker

Who should take penalties if Haaland is not on the pitch?

• Total voters
As much as I like the fantasy element of Eddie taking pens and how bad ass it would be, in a tight match a missed pk taken by a goalie is too risky imo. If we're up 2, sure but if it's contentious... Idk.

If ederson is the best taker he should take them. I appreciate its a novelty but a miss and a break away that gets all the way to our goal is unlikely

The only problem we have is that KDB isn't 'harsh' enough. He has to take the ball and shoot (if fit). But if another player asks to take the pen, he will most likely let him take it. That's a problem.

I wouldn't let a keeper take a pen.

Got away with that and Pep knows it too. It really needs sorting out. One miss shouldn’t mean a player steps aside either. For me a striker should be taking pens. They should be goal hungry!

It should still be gundogan and it was silly, i thought, to take him off the spot because of one miss

Great to see us finally net one, but it was far from convincing. Still, a goal is a goal. I say let him continue until he misses. Then let Foden have a go. Followed by Cancelo. Then Ederson.

Glad Pep said in his post match interview that he is going to address the penalty situation & get it sorted. It's the only main weakness that we currently have.

Having Ederson take the pens doesn't make sense.. the moment it gets saved/hits the post you've got a keeper scrambling back to his net. Was it Chilavert? Or something, for Paraguay, he'd be taking the pks and freekicks on PES.. he had good stats, but you'd always aim top corner cos you knew if you missed you'd be exposed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.