Who Thinks Scolari Could Do A Job For Us?

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Short term yes, long term I would have my doubts, but a huge step forward.

I would say it is the opposite. He would bring more players to the team and eventually have a winning side.

The problem with Chelsea is that they have a team of has-beens and they were not willing to sign needed elements for Scolari to implement his vision for the team. Scolari was doom to fail at Chelsea regardless because he could continue the old tactics and be in 2nd or 3rd place instead of 4th.

Scolari was right, Chelsea needs a difference maker and until they can't bring a difference maker they will keep firing managers.

His biggest mistake was to choose Chelsea over Manchester City last year. He would have a job now and the players he wanted to build what he had in mind.

ManCityFC said:
As it is being reported in the Screws of the World, I cannot take it very seriously: http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/85/e...report-scolari-in-for-manchester-citys-hughes

But I guess, just in case it is true, we should have a think about if he could do a job for us?

I am not a big follower of European football so haven't seen his sides play barring Chelsea, but he did win a World Cup. What do you think? Good or bad for City if he was to come?
how could it possably be bad? he's an improvement on the guy we have now and he has won the world cup, managed maybe the biggest national and club teams in the world and he has a big name to spur the players on.

Short term I'd say yes, but if we are to meet the wants and needs of the Sheikh then I think I would have to say no as if he can't do a job for Chelsea in the "Big 4" then he surely wouldn't do the same when we break into it.

Not convinced. What I do not want is a knee jerk reaction and we employ Scolari simply because he is available or because Robbie and Elano will like him. Saying that he is a good coach with an excellent CV and his sacking by Chelsea whilst a black mark does not diminsh his record overall or rule him out of doing a job for us.

Still say hang on until the summer and evaluate the situation properly.

would scolari get us playing attractive fast paced attacking football..... yes i think he would. i would like to see us playing in a similar way to Aston Villa and i think big phil could do it.

Yes he would he's a winner and got the trophy's to prove it. I thought he was shabbily treated as Chelsea and deserved more time after all they're still in chumps league, FA cup and premiership. Definatly take the club forward not backwards as we are right now

ManCityFC said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
Chelmsford City said:
Do we want Scolari NO, NO, NO! Please god can't we just stop changing bloody managers. I didn't want Sven to go in the first place but now we have Mark Hughes and I would like to see him have not just one seaon not just two but three. Some continuity please but if he does go please please not Scolari he's not a club manager full stop.
You say that Scolari is not a club manager full stop, I assume given that you think Hughes should get 3 years, he has something that Scolari doesn't?

I know something Scolari has got that MH hasn't.....a world cup winners medal. Not a club manager indeed. What a crock of bollocks.

What if MH relegates us, should we keep him then too? 3 years of painfully wank football just to show some continuity. Fuck me, you'd get less than that for attempted murder in this country.

Which half decent manager wouldn't have won the world cup with the side he had and having said that we could have beaten them on the day. It's not blind faith in Hughes just that we've got to choose someone and stick with them and give them a chance. Reading this forum on tuesday it was full of " let's hope that rag Hughes is watching this and picks him, Elano, on saturday" well he did and both he and Robbie were awful that's not the managers fault he chose them he can't go out and play the bloody game for them. Obviously if we are no better this time next season he'd have to go but I think in the long run he'll be a success

scolari had 8m to spend at chelsea mark hughes has had every resource available which is what scolari should have had. I cant knock big phil as hes never really had his foot in the door at chelsea

bluesyob said:
i wouldnt care if we were in 5th place now hughes is a rag and aways will be so get him out of our club cos if he is still here in the summer i will not be buying a season ticket! end of.
So if we were sitting on top of the league under Hughes you wouldn't go to games cos you think he's a rag? That's extreme to say the least. I'm not with you on that one.

I know what you mean though - my rag mates call him "secret agent Hughes" and laugh about him doing a great job for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.