Who was the most clueless City manager ever? Apart from Ball

Re: Who was the most clueless City manager ever?

oakiecokie said:
andyhinch said:
oakiecokie said:
Some of you poor fuckers never saw Ron Saunders then ?? The worst of the worst.
One for you mate, George Poyser, couldn't get us out of Div 2

And then came along Joe and Big Malc.I`m almost certain that the record low attendance of just over 8000 was during Poyser`s reign.
I knew they were low, 8,053 Middlesbrough in 64 & 8,015 Swindon in 65 Tilson got 8,409 last game of season. A few of my mates still go on about it. Before I was born of cause:)

Reading the names already mentioned it does show that over the years we have had some pretty shit managers. I am old enough to have seen George Poysers team and he comes close to being the most clueless. But by a close head I must give the award to Big Mal, when he was on his own without Mercers help. His term in charge saw massive amounts of money wasted, and it took many years for City to recover from his clueless buys. He was fine when he worked with Joe, but on his own he was a a disaster.

Frank Clark was pretty clueless but Pearce ran him close.

Frank Clark i remember he went to a supporters club at P&W i think ( prob was not ) anyway he thought that was the grand total of the city support and we only had one supporters club, job was way over his head, felt sorry for him in the end, but he was clueless.

880125 said:
Reading the names already mentioned it does show that over the years we have had some pretty shit managers. I am old enough to have seen George Poysers team and he comes close to being the most clueless. But by a close head I must give the award to Big Mal, when he was on his own without Mercers help. His term in charge saw massive amounts of money wasted, and it took many years for City to recover from his clueless buys. He was fine when he worked with Joe, but on his own he was a a disaster.
I still have fond memories of that time, I was young and impressionable

andyhinch said:
oakiecokie said:
andyhinch said:

And then came along Joe and Big Malc.I`m almost certain that the record low attendance of just over 8000 was during Poyser`s reign.
I knew they were low, 8,053 Middlesbrough in 64 & 8,015 Swindon in 65 Tilson got 8,409 last game of season. A few of my mates still go on about it. Before I was born of course:)

I, and a few other Bluemooners were at the Swindon game, it was bloody freezing, the ground was virtually deserted, (certainly the Kippax and scoreboard end).....and Buzzer scored in Swindon's 2-1 win.

oakiecokie said:
andyhinch said:
oakiecokie said:

Against luton in the cup?

Can't believe no one has mentioned Pellegrini yet. He may have won us two trophies last season but he got lucky and he picked some awful teams. Like when he picked Garcia and played him at centre back and when he played Demichelis. He couldn't even keep Kompany and Aguero fit for the whole season. With a better manager we would have scored 200 goals.

oakiecokie said:

I`m with you Oakiecokie , he was a shocker , although my Dad reckoned George Poyser was even worse !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.