Who will be our centre backs this season?

I can see us playing something like this :

Edserson
Walker - Laporte - Ake
Torres - KDB - Rodri - Foden
Mahrez - Aguero - Sterling

Imagine the overloads on the wings with Torres and Foden!
I really like this idea, Torres and Foden as classical wingers. Foden I think is fast enough for the role, and works hard in defense.

I can see KdB, now at 29, being tasked with playing deeper now to extend his career.

I really like this idea, Torres and Foden as classical wingers. Foden I think is fast enough for the role, and works hard in defense.

I can see KdB, now at 29, being tasked with playing deeper now to extend his career.

Im convinced we’ll see it at least a few times.

With the Garcia news I've got a horrible feeling that means Otamendi stays. Think he has 2 years left on his contract hasn't he? Hard to see anyone paying him what he get here.

Sell Garcia and Stones.

Think that depends whether our transfer strategy this summer was dependent on using Garcia for one of our home grown slots.

More likely then that Stones stays, but could open the door for Tosin or THB.

Stones will be kept on, especially with Garcia going. Arsenal aren't in a strong postion to buy him and he is still worth more than £20M.

I can see us playing something like this :

Edserson
Walker - Laporte - Ake
Torres - KDB - Rodri - Foden
Mahrez - Aguero - Sterling

Imagine the overloads on the wings with Torres and Foden!
We’d need wing backs if we played with 3 at the back and I’m not sure whether Torres and Foden are good enough defensively to play there. Perhaps a slightly more defensive option on one wing could make it work.

I agree with the idea though and think we might well play 3 at the back in some games next season but with different players.

I quite like this:

Ederson

Koulibaly - Ake - Laporte

Walker/Cancelo - De Bruyne - Rodri/Dinho - Bernardo/Foden - Mendy

Aguero/Jesus - Sterling/Mahrez/Torres

My guess given the Garcia news, Laporte, Ake, Koulibaly/new CB Signing and fernandinho as 4th choice. I don't think this will affect us trying to sell stones and otamendi

Stones will be kept on, especially with Garcia going. Arsenal aren't in a strong postion to buy him and he is still worth more than £20M.

West Ham can pay more than 20 mil, and Moyes has signed Stones before. He might not want to go that low but if no-one else wants him and we're clear he won't play here...

West Ham can pay more than 20 mil, and Moyes has signed Stones before. He might not want to go that low but if no-one else wants him and we're clear he won't play here...

If they can afford both his wages and our valuation then yes he will go. If not then he will be kept on his cover.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.