Who will be our centre backs this season?

RCB - Koulibaly + Garcia (or new signing)
LCB - Laporte + Aké

5th choice/backup - Fernandinho + Rodri

Stones and Otamendi will be sold and I think THB may go on loan.

Laporte, New signing, Aké, Garcia.

I wouldn't be too surprised if Otamendi stayed as a willing fifth option, although I'm expecting his time at the club to close.

Yeah, I think Stones is gone for no other reason than he's a saleable asset. We're not going to get any money for Otamendi any time soon, so we're probably more likely to keep him if we keep either of them.

Laporte Koulibaly(or alternative) Ake, Stones.

Whether Garcia stays or not I don’t see him in the squad next season. I’d love to see him get a new contract and a good loan so he can play every week. He doesn’t need to learn peps system at this time in his career, you can see Peps style comes naturally to him already as a product of his academy life, he needs to experience playing every week gaining that consistency, toughening up and learning how to compensate for his physical weaknesses

All depends now on Ake or Laporte really stepping up and filling VK's boots as a player and leader at the back. Once this happens Stones / Ottamendi will seem fine - just as they did when Vk was playing. Stones has looked lost since Vinny went, and Laportes injury put more pressure on him.

I wouldn't be too surprised if Otamendi stayed as a willing fifth option, although I'm expecting his time at the club to close.

Time for Otamendi to go as well. We should get somewhere between £5m-£10m but if we can’t for some reason we need to at least get his wages off the books. Laporte is obviously ahead of him, Ake also and the second new CB as well. Garcia if he stays is a better player. No point for Otamendi to stay, he’ll never play. £120k pw is too much for a 5th choice defender.

Our CBs were targeted constantly this season so finally we’ve addressed the issue. Rodri and Fernandinho started as a CB pairing in one game ffs. Very excited we’re finally fixing the back 4.

Laporte
Koulibaly
Ake
Garcia

Time to say goodbye to the General who has been a fine servant to us. Both he and Stones off the books. Hopefully Toisin out on loan to the right PL team so he can be in the mix next season.

Nothing would please me more than seeing Stones put his problems behind him and become the world class centre half he was on his way to becoming

I’m not convinced it will happen but I think it still could... so for that reason I’d give him another year to turn it round

Sounds fair. He needs to get himself off this slide into professional suicide

This. I haven`t seen enough of European C/B`s to say who I`d prefer other than youtube. But someone good enough to be 1st choice with Laporte as 2nd, Ake as 3rd and Garcia as 4th. both Otamendi 32 and liable to dive in and panic and Stones who gets out muscled and dithers and seems to be fucked up with personal issues can both go.

I have nothing to back this up other than personal opinion but I get the impression that playing football isn't the top priority in Stone's life right now. Nasri went that way during the latter part of his time with us when he was regularly globe trotting with various models whilst injured.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.