Who will be our centre backs this season?

Would like to see another centre half brought in if Ake has been purchased primarily as a Laporte back-up. Personally can't see any reason why Ake can't play alongside Laporte for me, he seems as two-footed a player as any. However, if we do bring in a top defender I won't complain. Whoever it is needs to be experienced enough (and of course of the requisite quality) to fit straight in and start performing, can be a tall ask I appreciate.

As it stands for me - Laporte, Ake, Fernandinho, Stones, Otamendi. Wouldn't be averse to Stones getting the opportunities to move above Fernandinho in the pecking order with Ferni stepping up into midfield.

Jules Kounde's wikipedia page currently lists him as playing for us with no12 squad no. Weve been linked with him but no announcement of a signing.

Ake looks to me like a player who could play FB, CB and DM. More than a back up.

Defend as a team like we did in the first half last night and we could play any pair.

Defend like we did in the second half and we have problems whoever plays there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.