Who will be our main rivals this season?

Why are people so worried about Chelsea.
They have improved, but that is what having a proper manager does, and not an ex player in charge.

The two games we have lost were to a very much reduced quality of squad ie a "B" team.
Mess with any squad with that many changes and those players will not have been at their best. Add not playing much and with each other doesn't help..
Even then it could have gone either way.

Then i keep hearing how much the rags have improved. Yet they are on course to finish with no higher than 79 points.
If you watch their actual style of play, it's erratic. It's going to work over certain teams. But no the very best teams.

Liverpool will no doubt be stronger. They have had a nightmare of a season. If they miss out on Champs league, then all hell will break loose.

We are looking to replace Aguero. He hasn't featured for us for a long time now. So any replacement will be like getting an extra player. One or two other players will be moved on. Either way we will also be a be stronger next season.
Agreed. Well said.

If you look at the current form table it might be quite competitive.
united have been competitive this season and although it pains me to say, are a good team. They don’t have our strength of squad but they will invest further. Cavani is a good if short term transfer. Chelsea will be at it from the start. Tuchel is an excellent coach and he will continue to build their capability. I see those two as main rivals. Dippers are shot and need a fairly sizeable rebuild even with his majesty VVD returning. Spuds meh. Lucky to keep one or both of Kane/Son. Running out of elite coaches to keep them even half way relevant. Pleased for the hammers but will always fall a little short. Leicester need to invest in a couple of good players.

1. City
2. Chelsea
3. MU
4. Leicester

surprise package: Leeds.

we need a successful transfer window to stay on top though. A forward and lb and am. Harland and Grealish would be the ideal. Mbappe looks set for Spain.
I like Mendy but he can’t be trusted defensively. Sad that injury has robbed him. To me Cancelo is a far better right back than left and Zin needs cover. However, if we could only sign two, we could manage at LB

Agree about Leeds. Could be the next Leicester (not winning the PL but up there). I would imagine their business plan featured establishment in the PL as being the priority this season and they've done this with some style. They have one of the best coaches in the world imo and an ambitious majority owner in
If you look at the current form table it might be quite competitive.
united have been competitive this season and although it pains me to say, are a good team. They don’t have our strength of squad but they will invest further. Cavani is a good if short term transfer. Chelsea will be at it from the start. Tuchel is an excellent coach and he will continue to build their capability. I see those two as main rivals. Dippers are shot and need a fairly sizeable rebuild even with his majesty VVD returning. Spuds meh. Lucky to keep one or both of Kane/Son. Running out of elite coaches to keep them even half way relevant. Pleased for the hammers but will always fall a little short. Leicester need to invest in a couple of good players.

1. City
2. Chelsea

3. MU
4. Leicester

surprise package: Leeds.

we need a successful transfer window to stay on top though. A forward and lb and am. Harland and Grealish would be the ideal. Mbappe looks set for Spain.
I like Mendy but he can’t be trusted defensively. Sad that injury has robbed him. To me Cancelo is a far better right back than left and Zin needs cover. However, if we could only sign two, we could manage at LB

Liverpool have been flogged to within an inch of their lives this season and their game relies on fitness. If they don’t get CL that’ll help them even more. They will be challenging

Chelsea have improved a lot and press in packs really well high up the pitch. They will be there or there about.

Scum they’ve improved a lot and have had an extraordinary run of luck this season. I don’t rate them above Liverpool or Chelsea but they will be somewhere about but just off the pace.

Us? Let’s get to 40 points first then we can talk again about our chances

The rest? Gawd knows. Hard to gauge on a season like this.

Sorry this might appear twice. Briefly Leeds I agree with you. Target to establish themselves in PL achieved. Investment potential on the back of this from minority owners 49ers. Ambitious majority owner in Radrizzani. One of the best coaches in the world. Decent legacy as a club.

Liverpool have been flogged to within an inch of their lives this season and their game relies on fitness. If they don’t get CL that’ll help them even more. They will be challenging

Chelsea have improved a lot and press in packs really well high up the pitch. They will be there or there about.

Scum they’ve improved a lot and have had an extraordinary run of luck this season. I don’t rate them above Liverpool or Chelsea but they will be somewhere about but just off the pace.

Us? Let’s get to 40 points first then we can talk again about our chances

The rest? Gawd knows. Hard to gauge on a season like this.
Alexis Sanchez hit the age buffer at 30. Vardy hit his age buffer at 34.

Salah and Mane are around 29. I don't see Salah playing at this level for much longer.

I think Chelsea are being over-rated. I ca't see that side winning games at home until they find a Drogba. Indeed they may well struggle to beat Arsenal tonight.

Man Utd seem the big threat to me. In the 2nd half of the season particularly they have been very impressive. First time in years I look at their side and think this is a serious side.

Next season shaping up to be a great league - we'll obviously look to build on what we achieved this year, maybe with a couple of big signings.

Chelsea are already looking pretty class. Tuchel has had a great impact, and it feels as if they've some players like Havertz and Werner who could really kick on next season.

The Rags will surely invest over the summer. For all the "last 10 days" nonsense I think they will be pushing hard next year.

Will Liverpool be back in the frame? Leicester will be strong as usual. Can West Ham repeat their season?

Should be an amazing league season. Fans back again too, hopefully, in some form. What are people's predictions?

they won't be signing a striker, thats for sure.

Still unsure how effective our new style will be once the crowds return and the pace of the game increases. If we are to maintain it, we'll probably need more midfield cover, as we'll almost definitely pick up more injuries (Euros will be sapping) and lose Mahrez in the winter months. We'll get much more from Ake and Torres, however.

Don't think there will be one challenger, but rather a host of teams closed quite tightly. Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester, Leeds, and that lot all have youthful legs that can stretch the play up and down the pitch, and when that happens against us we can look vulnerable (Foden apart). Notwithstanding, when we keep the ball, there is precious little they can do. Summer signings should give an indication of how we intend to develop.

Let’s be honest this gets said every single year in the premier league. When was the last time we saw 3/4 contenders heading into the final month etc? If we get Kane/Haaland then we will be easy favourites

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.