Who will be our main rivals this season?

Chelsea havent had an easy start like the rags and are still joint top. If they win Saturday cant see anyone catching them. I have to admit I was wrong about them. The Lukaku signing looks a game changer.

I think Chelsea will comfortably win the league this season, they look organised, they signed a striker who knows the league, their playing style and system which Tuchel has adapted works for them and is very effective.
Rags and dippers both getting results and decisions, no surprise there.
We look leggy, our lack of pace concerns me, in hindsight we had a bad window, we went balls deep for Kane who Levy made un gettable. We're putting square pegs in round holes, constantly switching players positions which doesn't help fluidity, lack of an out and out striker will bite us on the arse.

If City lose against Chelsea and Liverpool, it seems like a long way back against two teams that don't look like dropping many points. But, as many have noted, it's early in the season, and lots of teams have had starts before dropping off, including my Chelsea. What City have proven, is that they can come back from a poor start to the season and string together 10-15 wins in a row. This Chelsea team look the part but that's all it is for now. We haven't proven we can consistently win game after game after game for months on end.

My prediction before the season was the top being separated by less than 10 points.

That's how I see it too. It was always going to be a difficult job winning a 4th title in 5 seasons because they demands take their toll on the players. We look like Liverpool last season. Patched up and wounded. I think pep knows this hence his comment to the fans which some misinterpreted and the media wilfully turned against us.

We can still challenge for trophies but that Chelsea side looks like it could get close to 100 points. I see them winning game after game.
So do i.

be ecstatic with a league cup or fa cup. Think the champs league and prem will be beyond us til we get that world class striker and DM

A slow start this Season is not going to work. Don’t see any hunger for another title. Complacency after a title win seems to run through the club.
We're the only team other than United to have defended a Premier League title in the last 15 years, and we're the only team to have defended a Premier League title in over a decade. Maybe it's just the case that retaining a title is hard and that we're not an exception.

I fear it too but I didn't understand the point about excuses? What excuses have been given? City were tired after the Leipzig game and they were way off the pace and completely outfought in midfield. KDB could not even manage to play an intense 30 minutes.

We should have replaced Fernandinho in the window. Our execs messed up and now we're going to find it very difficult to compete with Chelsea

You've actually highlighted some excuses right there?

Sure, it might be the truth, I just don't think it serves anybody at this early stage in the season to be setting a scene that is all too easy to buy in to, whether it be the players or the supporters?

I use the analogy of when a manager says his players are tired, the players start to believe it. When you are winning games, things like that don't exist.

Chelsea are just three points ahead of us and yet the narrative is already very different, the perception is they are hungry, momentum is with them, the manager has built a team which concedes very little.

I agree we should have replaced Fernandinho, but that's only because the guy they did buy to replace him in Rodri, is not fit enough to wipe his arse.

The succession planning to immediately replace Vinny and Sergio also evidenced a real lack of decisiveness.

If we can take points from these next two league games, I will start to think there is life yet in us yet this season.

I saw a stat yesterday which said we dropped 11 points in our first 15 games in the 2019 title season and 15 points from the same amount of games last season?

It's five already from five and could be 11 from seven, so I agree that the executives should be feeling nervous as things stand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.