Who will be our main rivals this season?

We wouldn't be giving up, we'd be giving our young players the opportunity to play and possibly win trophies. We just wouldn't be playing full strength in every competition and wearing out our 'top' players.
Pep burned out half the squad last season chasing all trophies for consecutive seasons. We have to be realistic, it becomes more difficult with each year, and we must not risk of missing out on top 4.
You mean the fixture schedule burned out players. Not Pep. Pep wants to win everything.

I thought the performance of Foden was uplifting. After the Southampton game I was thinking this City side are going to drop points regularly but if Foden can play at those levels then he can raise our game. We have, or I have, failed to take into account that he was not at 100% after coming back from injury. He needed last night's game.

Poster who didn’t want Grealish still digging his heels in even though he’s been fucking magic shock.
I always said i rated Foden more than Grealish...nothing ive seen has changed my mind.

If you cant see that Foden is a more naturally gifted footballer with a greater array of talent

I always said i rated Foden more than Grealish...nothing ive seen has changed my mind.

If you cant see that Foden is a more naturally gifted footballer with a greater array of talent
Not sure what any of that means as I've no doubts whatsoever that Foden is superior.
Nobody should be getting compared to him because he's a one off who will go onto be one of the world's greats.
The fact is though, Grealish has been superb in his own right yet a handful of posters who spent the summer telling us they didn't want him or rate him are purposely, it seems, failing to see this and instead are concentrating their efforts on parts of his game that might need a little bit more than a month to work on.
Pressing and defensive work aren't the reasons Pep wanted Jack so much he was happy to pay 100m. Sooner you and others realise that the sooner you'll be able to enjoy his brilliance.

Not sure what any of that means as I've no doubts whatsoever that Foden is superior.
Nobody should be getting compared to him because he's a one off who will go onto be one of the world's greats.
The fact is though, Grealish has been superb in his own right yet a handful of posters who spent the summer telling us they didn't want him or rate him are purposely, it seems, failing to see this and instead are concentrating their efforts on parts of his game that might need a little bit more than a month to work on.
Pressing and defensive work aren't the reasons Pep wanted Jack so much he was happy to pay 100m. Sooner you and others realise that the sooner you'll be able to enjoy his brilliance.
I'd say he has been ok...nothing more.....there have been glimpses of top class ( the pass betweenn3cplayers thecother game) being one moment....but for me he works hard but also keeps it easy and simple....if tou are talking about "brilliance" then for me, I dint see it in him at present....but as I've always said maybe Pep will get it out of him as he must see something

People saying we’ll finish fourth and writing this season off in September in this thread, many giving Chelsea the title…

We are BY FAR the best football team in this league, BY FAR!

Southampton were better last week than Chelsea today. Chelsea are nothing special at all. We made them look bottom half fodder today in their own stadium.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chelsea have played Liverpool, spurs and arsenal away and city at home, after next week we will have played Liverpool spurs and Chelsea away and arsenal at home,

Liverpool will have played city and Chelsea at home and united have played a bunch of fodder.

If we end next weekend at least level with them all, it's a huge advantage to us.

I am really surprised by Chelsea, I really thought they would give us a tough game today! We were heads and shoulders above them!!! I really seeing them struggle a bit after this loss!

Man United losing from Aston Villa will also make them bottle it here and there.

That would leave Liverpool who are working with a thin line of making sure none of their main players get injured otherwise they will also falter!

I am wondering who really is our title challengers this year? Too early to say now but lets see how things pan out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.