Who will be our main rivals this season?

To me he looks like a player who has lost his confidence & form & won't get it back for city .
Some players need bollockings & some need an arm round the shoulder ,looks like he needs the latter to me ,but don't think pg a guy who does that .
He's not been the same since the disagreement on the touchline last season .
Can see him going back to the dippers in the summer .
Agreed, Pep was always hard on him, pushing him, sometimes you can push too hard and the player no longer responds, I think that's where we are now with Sterling.

I think he will go over to Spain, but in saying that, who would want him there and who could afford his wages alone?

Not a hope of the CL imo. Pep blew our best chance ever last season. We won't get near the final again without a top class striker or DM.

Concentrate on top 4 and write the rest off for this season at least.
Nonsense, write off our season already in 3 cup competitions, are you for real?

Chelsea, scousers and rags all looking strong. Can't see any team pulling ahead by many points this season, we have to stay in the pack. The next two games will tell us whether we can, I'd take two draws now
I think we will go on a run after those two games And win the next 4
Just hope we get 3/4 points out of the two games first To set us off
Would rather go all guns blazing and win one lose one than two draws or a draw and loss
More interested in points than performance

Agreed, Pep was always hard on him, pushing him, sometimes you can push too hard and the player no longer responds, I think that's where we are now with Sterling.

I think he will go over to Spain, but in saying that, who would want him there and who could afford his wages alone?
Can't see Klopp wanting him back, not for the wages and I doubt a return would be the best thing for Raheem. A new start would be better for him.

I remember watching him at Liverpool and he was unstoppable at time, beating defenders with his eyes shut.

Although I've not fully given up on him, I feel his ability to control the ball when passed to him or whilst running with the ball at his feet has degraded massively over the last 10 months. Here's hoping he bangs in an hatrick in the coming games.

Come on Raheem, get your head in the game son!!

Last edited:
I also think we are in quite a unique situation. Normally when players underperform the attention then turns to getting rid of the manager.

However, in our case the manager is not going anywhere, anytime soon and has full control of his players with the structure behind the scenes.

We are witnessing player discontent. Laporte, Bernie, Sterling, Cancelo, Sergio to a certain extent before leaving. The only difference between us and any other team is Pep.

Hypothetically, A lesser manager is moved on and the discontented players suddenly find form and start turning in world class performances citing a break down of relationship or the old chestnut of losing the dressing room. We witnessed it with Mancini and lost an FA cup.

So how do players react when they are in this situation with an immovable object in pep…play crap on the pitch and run down your contract.

City need to play a clever game and we tried by saying to players if you want to leave bring an acceptable offer to the table. As I say a unique situation and 1 we won’t see again once the boss leaves.
That's not why we lost the FA Cup, don't effin blame Mancini for that, fault lays squarely with the players, the board and the news he was getting sacked on the day

my view stands whoever finishes above Chelsea wins the league - I dont see any chinks and they have a manager who is a tactically very astute
Not sure that type of speech is tolerated these days

Chelsea will run us the closest. I'm not quite at the defeatist attitude shown by many who think we aren't capable of winning it this season - certainly not after 4 games where we haven't had our full strength team to pick.

As for Sterling, if he wants out then get whatever fee we can south of 60m and be done with it. Would be a huge mistake to let him run down his contract because his performances don't warrant him taking up a valuable place in the squad.
He wasn't even that bad on Saturday but reading on here you'd think he was the worst player on the pitch. Probably be best for both parties to move on at the end of the season.
I don't think anyone is being a defeatist Phil, I think most just think it's a bridge to far. Winning it twice on the bounce is almost impossible and the attitude of the players against Southampton was glaring. The board haven't done their job in bringing in competition and the fantastic Pep is already asking the fans to rally his players. We could all just be a bunch of mad arses of course...and I hope we're are.

Hopefully it was just a moment and we can get back to winning ways, but we can't have to many more poor displays without claiming scalps.

We will certainly know by February.

That's not why we lost the FA Cup, don't effin blame Mancini for that, fault lays squarely with the players, the board and the news he was getting sacked on the day
You missed the point. I used Bobby as an example of players under performing which cost us a cup. Maybe I did not word it correctly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.