Who Will Pose A Threat Next Season

cyberblue

We are miles in front of anyone else in terms of quality,style,technical ability ,defensive capabilities and our goal scoring threat is second to none
We will strengthen for next season as well.Any one wishing to challange us will have to spend big to get quality players. Now then will they or just do what Arsenal have done for years and do enough to try and get in Champions League ?
Arsenal are not even good enough for the Champions League now .Will the owners of the rags ,Chelsea ,Spurs,Liverpool untie the purse strings to sustain a proper challange ?
I for one doubt it

This will be the 9th season in a row where the Premier League was not defended. So in truth, Rags, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal if they sack Wenger, will all be threats. It's now impossible to dominate this league for a long period of time.

United will be a huge threat next year and different to this year and its likely one of the top 5 will not be playing Champs Lge football next year giving them more opportunities to prepare.

The standard of the league below the top 5/6 is pretty poor and so if a side gets on a good run they can be difficult to catch.

Also the big test for ourselves is how we motivate ourselves next year. Teams can easily drop their level and we saw that only last week against Basel. That more than anything else is likely to influence if we retain the trophy.

United and Liverpool will be up there with us. Both will spend on defenders in the summer. If United's goalie goes then expect less of a challenge.

Add the London clubs into the mix if Chelsea keep Hazard and get the manager right, Spurs if they keep Toby and Arsenal if Wenger goes.

Liverpool for me.
I think they’ve got smart owners.
Keita I think will be a great signing and with Van Dijk and a new keeper this summer they will have a much stronger spine.

That lot and Liverpool will be stronger. Spurs could be strong again, but I would only be really concerned about them if they won the FA Cup, as they need to win something to stop the comments and have the confidence to go the distance in the title.

Much next season may depend on what happens to the other 14 clubs. Look at the bottom five today (West Ham, Southampton,Crystal Palace, Stoke City, and West Brom) and I doubt many would have predicted that before the season started. The terror of relegation will be real for many more now, and I think we might see a mind shift in teams next season, with teams playing far more defensive players (yes even more) not only against us but against top six teams in general.

Also the big test for ourselves is how we motivate ourselves next year. Teams can easily drop their level and we saw that only last week against Basel. That more than anything else is likely to influence if we retain the trophy.

We played a weakened team to rest players and give the younger ones a run out. Bravo even got a game.
So Basel was no indicator of our motivation...

I still believe that it is likely that only 3 teams will win the league next - us, them and Chelsea. Arsenal are a mile behind. I don't see the Dippers and Spurs doing it, it's being the media darlings bit that puts them higher than they are. Both have decent sides but not at the standard of us and them in particular. I don't see Salah doing the same next season, if he is there, and they are all about their front 3. Spurs won't buy enough of the right quality players that their squad need to compete.

The way I see it is how we go. I think it will be very difficult to win as many games as we have done this season. If we get anywhere close we will do it again but we might have to win it in May.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.