Who will replace David Silva?

What a shame is no other, it was special, now he triumphs with Real Sociedad he already won the heart of the Basques first in the league a privilege to see him play at his age, Guardiola has his eye open to the young people of the Catalan school many talents and barcelona in crisis will be the best moment,

So Eriksen does NOT create chances?

Replacing David Silva isn't really just about chance creation. If anything, the biggest part of it would be to be highly composed and aware of the pitch while under pressure in very tight spaces with the technique required to find the pass. Being able to control the tempo of the game or wait on the ball until the right space develops without panicking would be another one.

Eriksen is a good player; perhaps not currently good enough for where we we want to go but a solid PL player. I'd say the biggest points against him are more about the above requirements which he doesn't seem to show in great number

No one. We will just play a different style
Too right , Bernardo is Silva`s replacement and they play nothing like each other, but here`s the problem Silva Gundogan and Marhez are the only attacking players not to play left wing since Bernardo arrived, so Bernardo has not really had a chance to make the position of attacking midfield his own yet.

Nobody can replace Silva. I've not seen a player since the turn of the century with as intelligent off the ball movement in the areas of the pitch Silva operated in (Xavi and Xabi Alonso were magnificent but played deeper).

Combine that with his close control, vision, and ability to be calm and metronomic and now he's playing like a midfield tempo setter except it's just outside the opposition area. Not only is that perfect for dominating possession in dangerous areas but Silva's movement and control means that it gives De Bruyne lots of opportunities to find himself in dangerous areas around the box.

It's going to have to be like replacing any other top, top player. You have to get in another top, top player with their own skill set and hope their unique strengths make up for the ones lost.

Funnily enough I do think we've been blessed to have possibly the only other active player to match Silva's genius movement. Although somewhat awkwardly it's Sterling as opposed to our CM options.

Also he's not as good as he once was but Eriksen is getting some harsh words. I remember when he tore us a new one for Ajax back in 2012. He was great for Tottenham too. He was the league's De Bruyne before De Bruyne. He scored all manners of goals, created lots more chances than anyone else, powered himself around relentlessly for 90 minutes. Skillful, technically brilliant, great set pieces, and scary on the counter. He's the player United falsely hoped they were getting in Fernandes.

I'm not arguing he was on Silva's level, I'd have had Dave every day of the week. But in the duration of Eriksen's PL stay he created the most assists, most chances, joint second most big chances (with Silva and Mahrez), scored more outside the box goals, more free kicks, and frequently topped distance ran charts. He was definitely good.

Nobody can replace Silva. I've not seen a player since the turn of the century with as intelligent off the ball movement in the areas of the pitch Silva operated in (Xavi and Xabi Alonso were magnificent but played deeper).

Combine that with his close control, vision, and ability to be calm and metronomic and now he's playing like a midfield tempo setter except it's just outside the opposition area. Not only is that perfect for dominating possession in dangerous areas but Silva's movement and control means that it gives De Bruyne lots of opportunities to find himself in dangerous areas around the box.

It's going to have to be like replacing any other top, top player. You have to get in another top, top player with their own skill set and hope their unique strengths make up for the ones lost.

Funnily enough I do think we've been blessed to have possibly the only other active player to match Silva's genius movement. Although somewhat awkwardly it's Sterling as opposed to our CM options.

Also he's not as good as he once was but Eriksen is getting some harsh words. I remember when he tore us a new one for Ajax back in 2012. He was great for Tottenham too. He was the league's De Bruyne before De Bruyne. He scored all manners of goals, created lots more chances than anyone else, powered himself around relentlessly for 90 minutes. Skillful, technically brilliant, great set pieces, and scary on the counter. He's the player United falsely hoped they were getting in Fernandes.

I'm not arguing he was on Silva's level, I'd have had Dave every day of the week. But in the duration of Eriksen's PL stay he created the most assists, most chances, joint second most big chances (with Silva and Mahrez), scored more outside the box goals, more free kicks, and frequently topped distance ran charts. He was definitely good.
Agree with all of this, always saw Eriksen as KdB-lite, and considering he came before him, if you told me when we signed Kev that he would be around the same level as Eriksen I would be very happy (he obviously turned out to be the bonafide best midfielder of his generation, but its still a sign of how good Eriksen was)

However Eriksen, KdB and Fernandes are all in the same category of midfielders, albeit with different quality. Their all risk-takers, that needs to pop up all over the pitch where they see fit. A Eriksen-KdB midfield would only have worked in a Mancini 4-2-2-2 with strong, defensive minded giants behind them. In the football we play, we need someone slighly more controlling next to him, which makes me think that we will never see a Foden-KdB partnership similiar to a Dave-KdB partnership. I actually think Foden will fully come into his own when Kev starts declining.

Bernie on the other hand, at his best he is as good a Merlin replacement as anyone on the planet atm. Perhaps he lack some of Daves qualities, but he has a few of his own that can give us another dimension.

Its also a huge shame we never got to see the real Gundogan. What a player he was before all the injuries

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.