Who will replace Foden as the next project?

Cole Palmer is very Foden-esque from what i have seen. Really good left foot, eye for a pass and even chips in with quite a few goals too.

Jayden Braaf is the one i am most excited about, but i don't think he will get a look in unfortunately. I really hope he gets some cup games next season so we can see what he can do playing at a higher level.

Think the reality is very few youth players actually continue their development to the point where they hit their ceiling

Think there is some gems year in year out, but the majority wont be City level. Out of the current crop, Braaf, Doyle and HB seem the most likely

Think the club need to stay on top of the contracts a bit better. All of Sancho, Garcia and now Garcia all got to the last 12 months of their contract which is not good enough and puts us in a real disadvantage re negotiating their sales

Think the reality is very few youth players actually continue their development to the point where they hit their ceiling

Think there is some gems year in year out, but the majority wont be City level. Out of the current crop, Braaf, Doyle and HB seem the most likely

Think the club need to stay on top of the contracts a bit better. All of Sancho, Garcia and now Garcia all got to the last 12 months of their contract which is not good enough and puts us in a real disadvantage re negotiating their sales
You can't tie down kids on long term contracts. Sancho was 16 when he left and wouldn't sign a professional contract (I think he was still on scholarship forms?)

Delap has the best change in terms of number of players ahead of him. We don't have many options upfront and a bit of form from him at the right time would see him in with a chance. Braaf might be a better player but we have so many that offer what he does - unless he can play through the middle.

Would be cool to see Delap break through, that way Jesus is our number 1 striker, and Delap as our back up after Aguero is gone.

He can only be a back up though if he shows the talent in any chances he gets, assuming he gets chances.

He has been training with the first team lately, maybe he is making an impression. I'd like to have a good reliable finisher, little jealous that United got lucky with Greenwood and have a great finisher out of no where.

Joe Hodge is a far superior midfielder than Tommy Doyle. His talent is ridiculous. He’ll be playing for ROI first team in the next 12 months, I’d bet on it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.